PCV Question........

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Snuffleupagus

PCV Question........

Post by Snuffleupagus »

Last night the "Ported Vacuum Switch" the one which supplies warm coolant throught he heater core started spraying coolant everywhere (seamed catostophic). I can't explain why.

This morning I removed it and inspected it. An un-named parts store wanted $90.00 for a new one (orange). Any how.....I put some teflon tape on the threads, put it back in and it seems fine now....Go figure.
Now......When I was backing the CTO switch, out I inadvertanly popped the PCV hose out of the intake manifold. The one right in the rear center of my edelbrock intake. It seems as thought the PO just had the hose plugged in there and secured it by plopping a huge gob of grey RTV around the fitting. What is suppose to hold the fitting in the hole for the intake? Is it held in place with a grommet? Or, is there suppose to be a machined fitting coming from the intake. On an edelbrock it's the hole directly behind the carberator. From there the hose was connected to the left port of the carberator.
I'm usually wrong!!! (I'm not proud of it).
I'm Big Birds Imaginary Friend....
86' Grand Wagoneer...."The B!tch"
Vehicle's Owned.
07' Jeep TJ Unlimited w/ 3" BDS Suspension Lift 2" Body Spacers. 33' MT's
73' VW Beetle "auto stick"
69' VW Super Beetle
94' Isuzu Rodeo
89' Chevy "K5" Blazer
04' Toyota Tacoma
06 Toyota Tundra

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: PCV Question........

Post by Stuka »

Yes there should be a rubber grommet that fits into the intake. I had to do a bit of searching to find one that fit right.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

lindel

Re: PCV Question........

Post by lindel »

Talk to the tech guys at edelbrock.com

They should be able to hook you up with the correct grommet, or tell you where you can find one.
Lindel