1967 Resto-Mod Build: 4:1 Quadcab

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
66stepside

Re: 1967 Resto-Mod Build: 4:1 Quadcab

Post by 66stepside »

jaber wrote:Not sure, I will let him know.
Alrighty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SJohn
Vendor

Post by SJohn »

Are you planning on using the entire AC system from the chevy? I am doing a LS swap and curious if I could fit everything from my silverado donor under the FSJ dash.
Owner/Operator/Chief Engineer of Johnson Production FSJ Parts
https://www.johnsonproductionjp.com/

1986 J20 LS Swap
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewto ... 12&t=17875

1981 Cherokee Chief - Rustard - 2JZ swap
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewto ... 12&t=22981

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

SJohn wrote:Are you planning on using the entire AC system from the chevy? I am doing a LS swap and curious if I could fit everything from my silverado donor under the FSJ dash.

I do not think I will use the whole system because I’m using the Chevy frame and had to adjust the placement of the cab and front clip and fit everything around the engine and transmission. It is a tight fit for sure.

If anything, I’d have custom lines made to use the Chevy compressor and JEEP condenser/etc. and get that set up to work.

There are folks who swapped in LS engines and used the Chevy supplied AC equipment, and also folks who used aftermarket systems with their LS conversions.

jpswapmohn

Post by jpswapmohn »

With my LT1 (i know, not LS), I used the chevy compressor and was able to use the rest of the jeep system. It worked fine. I have Vintage air now with the 69 dash and all just because i didn’t want the A/C below the dash and wanted heat and air in one.
One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.
88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, J20 axles, etc. http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
95YJ, STaK, D44's, SOA, ARB's, Bilstein 5150s, 35" KM2's
50 CJ3A
77 J-10 (sold)

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Not sure if you have seen it 66stepside, but Hodson posted an update for that J-Truck.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4YAL5mhr_3 ... hare_sheet

I like how he added the J-Truck flairs to the outside of the step side flares, kind of makes it like the fiber glass thrift side beds.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Stuka wrote:Not sure if you have seen it 66stepside, but Hodson posted an update for that J-Truck.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4YAL5mhr_3 ... hare_sheet

I like how he added the J-Truck flairs to the outside of the step side flares, kind of makes it like the fiber glass thrift side beds.

I did see that on Instagram. I was going to post pics of it here, again, but just didn’t make the time. They hid the bulky front pretty well with the bumper, BUT the back end is something else entirely:

Maybe the back will look better with paint. I’m holding out final judgement until it’s all painted.

The shop that did the body work and final paint did a great job on it. Most of my buddies think the whole truck is hideous overall, though- out of proportions.

I haven’t seen pics of the interior, or the engine bay, though. I’m curious about what that looks like.

They have quite a few amazing quad cab builds in their inventory.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

I am thinking a rear bumper will tie up the rear, because right now it looks odd. And hopefully the tail gate changes some.

I also like the widened front flares. Its done well enough that you can't tell unless you are familiar with the size of the factory front flares.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

KJ Ryu

Post by KJ Ryu »

I don't do Instagram. Do they sell these projects or are they commissioned already or what? Where are they located? Sorry for the hijack.
Ron

2005 KJ, Hit-n-Run, 2am 6-17-2012, Totaled. :mad:
1977 SJ J10, 4v360, T18, D20, 37x14s, SOA & SF on tons, still ugly.
1978 SJ Wagoneer, 4v360, QT, 33x12.5s, lift by Sawzall :-bd NOT Running :(
1977 SJ J10, SniperEFI 401, QT, D44s, 31X10.5s :fsj:
2006 KJ
Mars wrote:One man's trans leak is another's penetrating oil :D

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

KJ Ryu wrote:I don't do Instagram. Do they sell these projects or are they commissioned already or what? Where are they located? Sorry for the hijack.
I’m not sure what they do with their rigs, or for what specific purpose, TBH. I don’t follow them on the gram, but I do follow several Jeep-related sites that repost the quad cab build, and I’ve “liked” some of their business posts, too.

It’s “Hodson’s”, or something close to it. I’d imagine if you searched the above term with “quad cab build” you could find their website. Plus , a search would boost their advertising dynamics for social media.

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

My google shows it’s called Hodsons motor sports. *shrugs* don’t do fab or the others so I don’t know.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:My google shows it’s called Hodsons motor sports. *shrugs* don’t do fab or the others so I don’t know.

That sounds about right. Maybe they’re guys in their garages doing this for fun, as a hobbie, like the rest of us?

Edit: I think I finally got the brake pedal fiasco sorted out! My finger’s are crossed.

YAE (yet another edit):

So far, so good. I ended up going through two standard brake pedals to try and clear the steering column and both were epic fails. I searched through my parts horde and came across the manual clutch pedal that had the correct amount of bends to it at the right angles. Here’s the result:

The accelerator cable is temporary, but it works as it sits. The plan with that is to mount a 60’s era pedal to this unit to keep it closer to looking stock.

I may have to adjust the the position of the brake pedal by cutting it and raising it a bit- but it’s mocked up and working for now. I’ll know when I get the driver’s side seat mounted and test out how it feels.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

While I’m grinding and sanding on roofs to get that going, here’s the other Thriftside Quad cab’s final look from the rear:

I wonder what the inside of the bed looks like.

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

66stepside wrote:While I’m grinding and sanding on roofs to get that going, here’s the other Thriftside Quad cab’s final look from the rear:

I wonder what the inside of the bed looks like.

ImageImageImage

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Opps, can’t delete this post. My bad.

Edit:

I snagged an JEEP AM/FM CB radio with mike today:

Another edit:

Another edit: Time to tackle the steering on the LJ:

And the rear hatch arm replacement.. it was overdue.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Time keeps on slipping into the future. So naturally I never got to do 1/2 of what I wanted, or needed to do on the quad cab. So I added a bit more caffeine to my lunch so I’d be primed to kick some tush on her this week (heck, I even made a ‘to do list’ so it feels official).

This dang roof:

As long as the sides match up, I can finesse the top to work.

On to spot welding, and maybe a new welding blanket.

Also on the list: old Super steering column connected to Z71 steering box, seam seal, final front clip alignment, seam seal the dash, and, for grins, da roof.

Edit:

The 78 cherk took all day yesterday- got it running, albeit a bit rough, driving, stopping, and washed her down, but I’m reining in my JBADHD and getting back on the quad cab today: Seam seal, and steering column to box linkage.

YAE:

Dash and bits are painted (bikini pearl- a JKU color), and I think the front clip is ready for seam sealer, but that will have wait until this upcoming week.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

The front clip and dash are seam sealed (I painted the dash Bikini Pearl 1st).

The front fenders also got the first sanding to knock down some high spots and reveal the low spots.

I might have to take another look at the passenger side roof line. It looks a bit wonky.

twisted frame

Post by twisted frame »

Cool color on that dash! On the roof line - maybe I said it before, not sure, but the high roof of the J truck, compared to the lower roof of a Wag/Cherokee, will be worth the work. I just like the way it looks on a J truck...even when it's on a GM chassis! :P
73 J4000. 360, MC 2100, T18A, D20, stock closed knuckle Dana 44 front, 60-2 rear. Warn Lock-O-Matics, Warn/Belleview electric winch, true duals with glasspacks, old-school front diff skid plate, used 265 Toyos on 16" AR wheels.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Thanks! I’m hitting this one hard right now to beat the cold weather. That was I can do the tedious work during the winter.

jaber
Vendor

Post by jaber »

I do like that color.

Is there somewhere I can see more of that Willys?
Jeff

'46 cj3a
'51 Willys p/u
'51 Willys Parkway Conversion
'74 CJ5
'75 J-20 Wrecker
'75 J-20 Cummins service truck
'77 J-10 p/u
'79 Cherokee
'88 Grand Wagoneer
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jeffaber/

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

jaber wrote:I do like that color.

Is there somewhere I can see more of that Willys?
Thanks!

The build page is here:

https://www.oldwillysforum.com/forum/in ... -wa.14099/

I finished her during the first few months of the Covid Quarantine. She does have a 5 lug Dana 60 out of a j4000! Haha.