Anyone used the large aerotank?

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Mr. Goatman

Anyone used the large aerotank?

Post by Mr. Goatman »

Looking for a large fuel tank for my diesel project. I think it has to hang down pretty low to get that much in it. Does anyone have experience with one? (33 gal for 80+ wagoneer)
87 GW SOA/SF on 33"
87 Diesel Goat- Project Isuzu 4BD1T, 47RH, NP205 Front and Rear D60 5" Lift and 285-75x16 St Maxx
88 GW "Blue"- Next project! 6.2 GM/ 700R4, NP 203, Banks kit

fulsizjeep

Re: Anyone used the large aerotank?

Post by fulsizjeep »

Yes. I got mine in 98 after accidentally drilling holes in the poly tank while hanging nerf bars on it. :banghead: The sender has been troublesome since the beginning but I learned to drive it and only run out of gas about once a year and call my darling wife to bring me 5 gallons. When I bought that GW also picked up AAA premium to bale my sorry Jeep out of a fail. :D It is possible the sender I got is for the 70s wiring harness. I got a screaming deal through a friend who owned an RV conversion company and bartered IT support for him occasionally. I like the extra storage but hate to fill it from empty. ;) I have high centered the GW on the tank with dirt mounds, rocks, trees and pushed the bottom up a bit. It hangs about 1.5" below frame rail and has a "cut out" to fit the longer NP219, 228, 229 transfer case speedo connection. The 208 is shorter and clears the tank better.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac