Little rant about private sellers for cars

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
candymancan

Little rant about private sellers for cars

Post by candymancan »

You know it's very frustrating buying a car from a private seller. I've noticed people hide things. They lie about titles they lie about the problems with the car they lie about a lot of stuff. I've been looking for another Jeep for like 2 months now and it's so hard to find because people have forged signatures on the titles people either. Don't have the titles. They refuse to take pictures of the frames or the floorboards or the engine bay. I've even had people who are in their thirties like me. Complain about having to get on the ground to take a picture of the frame. Or people who own these cars and don't even know what a sea channel. The frame is so I have to tell them. Take a picture of the sea channel in here and I show them a picture but they still don't get it.

The ones that really get me are the ones who live like 3 plus hours away who. Refuse? To. Take more? Than 1 or 2 pictures and tell me well come on over and look at it. Okay so i'm going to drive four hours to look at something that you can just show me a picture. And don't even get me on the people who have jeeps that are turning into dust and still Think their jeep is made Of gold.

I don't know it's just very frustrating I don't understand these sellers. It's like you've got a bunch of hillbillies who think that they have a gold mine for a Jeep that's worth nothing with a blown. Engine or bad frame or Or holes everywhere.

It's like just because you see wagon masters selling a wagoneer for $50000. They immediately think that their Jeep is worth that much money.

I don't know so I don't know if there's any sellers on here who are seeing this. But maybe you should be a little more honest with your cars
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)