Clearing Out the FSJ Yard

Place to buy and sell FSJ parts.
Forum rules
Please read the sales area rules before posting here. Thanks!

deckside

Re: Clearing Out the FSJ Yard

Post by deckside »

threepiece wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:23 am
threepiece wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:40 am
deckside wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:30 pm Pre 1974 Roof rack or roof rack cross rails?
I have a roof rack assembly from a 1974 Wagoneer but none earlier. I’m curious to know the difference.
I was mistaken, the Wagoneer was a 1973 not 1974 it had an auto trans with Dana 20 T case. I believe I have the complete rack bundled up in between the floor joists of the barn. Let me know if you want pictures. I can send with email.
Yes please!

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

deckside wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:02 pm
threepiece wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:40 am

I have a roof rack assembly from a 1974 Wagoneer but none earlier. I’m curious to know the difference.
I was mistaken, the Wagoneer was a 1973 not 1974 it had an auto trans with Dana 20 T case. I believe I have the complete rack bundled up in between the floor joists of the barn. Let me know if you want pictures. I can send with email.
Yes please!
I have a rack here that you describe. It is complete with original stainless screws and gaskets looks in “good” condition with some pitting. $250 shipped to the lower 48.

I can send pictures if you give your email address.
I used to name my FSJ’s after their previous owners, I realized I had too many with five named Rick.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

deckside

Post by deckside »

threepiece wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:03 am

Yes please!
I have a rack here that you describe. It is complete with original stainless screws and gaskets looks in “good” condition with some pitting. $250 shipped to the lower 48.

sounds good threepiece, put my Email in a private message to you.

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

deckside wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:41 am
threepiece wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:03 am
Yes please!

sounds good threepiece, put my Email in a private message to you.
I believe pictures have been sent.
I used to name my FSJ’s after their previous owners, I realized I had too many with five named Rick.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

threepiece wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:33 am
sierrablue wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:30 am I'm guessing no early (pre-'74) Wag fenders? Or if you have a fender skin like BJ's used to sell (how is it they sell that stuff when I don't need it, and then when I do, it's gone????) that'd work too.
I had a 71 Wagoneer but I don’t remember what parts I removed. Most of my fenders are in an area I have not gotten to yet. Check back later, perhaps a month or two but no promises.
OK, sounds good! Trying to think of other '71 specific bits I want...

Do you happen to have the full wheel covers from a Kaiser era Jeep? I'm thinking of using just the center "Jeep" part (it comes out, that way it was cheaper to manufacture and use the same exact piece with and without locking hubs) for center caps to slip between the axle and the wheel, to cover up the axle shaft in the back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-B350 (HEI, iron 4-barrel, Edelbrock 1406), TH400, D20
-'74 D44 front (nonpower discs)
-custom headliner
-Front shoulder belts (rears eventually)

viewtopic.php?t=23070

There are 2 major differences between new Wranglers and FSJs. FSJs are meant to be both utilitarian and capable, not just capable. FSJs are also rarely initially recognized as Jeeps by the average American.

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

sierrablue wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:48 am
threepiece wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:33 am
sierrablue wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:30 am I'm guessing no early (pre-'74) Wag fenders? Or if you have a fender skin like BJ's used to sell (how is it they sell that stuff when I don't need it, and then when I do, it's gone????) that'd work too.
I had a 71 Wagoneer but I don’t remember what parts I removed. Most of my fenders are in an area I have not gotten to yet. Check back later, perhaps a month or two but no promises.
OK, sounds good! Trying to think of other '71 specific bits I want...

Do you happen to have the full wheel covers from a Kaiser era Jeep? I'm thinking of using just the center "Jeep" part (it comes out, that way it was cheaper to manufacture and use the same exact piece with and without locking hubs) for center caps to slip between the axle and the wheel, to cover up the axle shaft in the back.
Golly, I’m not familiar with the covers you describe. I believe I have the covers from a 1973 Wagoneer somewhere but I can’t recall if they have the separate center you describe. I do have a fairly nice set of early dog dish covers.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

dljlobos wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:26 pm Hello, Do you have any 1980 or newer J10 axles available? I'm looking for the front with the driver side drop Dana 44, and the rear centered AMC 20. Thanks
I found another set of axles. The front is not a vacuum disconnect type, it has “Jeep” lockout hubs.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

These ones are what they go on. I'd prefer the Kaiser colors (as in the one I posted above) but whatever is ok.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070

There are 2 major differences between new Wranglers and FSJs. FSJs are meant to be both utilitarian and capable, not just capable. FSJs are also rarely initially recognized as Jeeps by the average American.

sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

dljlobos wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:26 pm Hello, Do you have any 1980 or newer J10 axles available? I'm looking for the front with the driver side drop Dana 44, and the rear centered AMC 20. Thanks
I also have a pair (threepiece, I swear I'm not trying to steal customers)--if things don't work out, I have a driver's drop d44 and AMC 20 from an early '80s J10. Was gonna use them for a wide track swap on the '88, and never did. Just like threepiece said, no disconnect; had locking hubs originally.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

sierrablue wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:20 pm These ones are what they go on. I'd prefer the Kaiser colors (as in the one I posted above) but whatever is ok.
Well, this reminds me of the covers that were on the 1973 Wagoneer but I haven’t a clue where they are at the moment. I have not seen them in more than a decade but I’m sure they are here somewhere. I’ll keep an eye open for them.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

sierrablue wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:23 pm
I also have a pair (threepiece, I swear I'm not trying to steal customers)--if things don't work out, I have a driver's drop d44 and AMC 20 from an early '80s J10. Was gonna use them for a wide track swap on the '88, and never did. Just like threepiece said, no disconnect; had locking hubs originally.
No problem here, I won’t be shipping axles.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

threepiece wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:43 pm
sierrablue wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:20 pm These ones are what they go on. I'd prefer the Kaiser colors (as in the one I posted above) but whatever is ok.
Well, this reminds me of the covers that were on the 1973 Wagoneer but I haven’t a clue where they are at the moment. I have not seen them in more than a decade but I’m sure they are here somewhere. I’ll keep an eye open for them.
I appreciate it, thank you!
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070

b00sted

Post by b00sted »

Looking for a set of round headlight buckets with trim rings

b00sted

Post by b00sted »

Looking for a set of round headlight buckets with trim rings

Stick

Post by Stick »

Hello,

I am looking for a Roll Bar for a 78 J-10.

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

b00sted wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:57 pm Looking for a set of round headlight buckets with trim rings
I just went through my headlights. I need to keep a few sets for myself. I will see if I have any extras as these are often rusty.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

Stick wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:22 pm Hello,

I am looking for a Roll Bar for a 78 J-10.
Yes, I have a two piece roll bar. It is in an area that is somewhat difficult to access. I will need help to get it out. Are you local to Detroit?

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

Stick

Post by Stick »

I don't live near Detroit, but I will be visiting Delta, Ohio (which is pretty close to Detroit) in July. I could come help get it out then.

Stick

Post by Stick »

I don't live near Detroit, but I will be visiting Delta, Ohio (which is pretty close to Detroit) the week of 17 July. I could come help get it out then.

You can text me at 770-317-7076

Thanks,
Jeff

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

Stick wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:38 pm I don't live near Detroit, but I will be visiting Delta, Ohio (which is pretty close to Detroit) the week of 17 July. I could come help get it out then.

You can text me at 770-317-7076

Thanks,
Jeff
Well Jeff, I don’t text unless it is just a few words. I am slow and don’t see well.

I need to investigate the possibility of extracting this roll bar without too much effort before I invite you here. Your interest in J20 axles might improve your chance, there are a few sets that are in the way.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.