FSJ Rebuild

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
Jevman

Re: FSJ Rebuild

Post by Jevman »

Yeller wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:22 pm
Srdayflyer wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:23 pm suggestion,
I'd suggest using a remote trans. oil cooler and not using the radiator oil cooler as you only cool the fluid to what ever the radiator is at . i tow a lot and under heavy loads i still reach 200 degrees and normally run 160 no load, IMO
I concur. Never understood how you cool to 160* with 200* water. Only exception would be if you live in the great white north and travel regularly at -0 temps, but even that is questionable.
I agree with a separate transmission cooler as was suggested to me by Yelller awhile back, I bought the Cross flow radiator from BJ's with the trany cooler in it and I might be going over kill but I'm going to use it and also plumb it threw a separate cooler I'll mount in front of the radiator and back to the transmission, it's another set of fittings that could leak but I'm fine with that, I'm also putting a Dakota digital temperature sender inline with the outflow side line at the transmission and mounting the gage where the heater control's used to be in the dash, haven't gotten that far yet on all of this. Having another Cherokee sitting right out side makes it really easy to fit all the lines I can on my build without the body being on it.
78 Cherokee Chief W/T, 4" lift, 35x12.5R17 BFG TA's KO2's, 401, 700r4, Atlas II 3.0:1, 4.56, Pro Flow 4, CVF Serpentine System, E-Locker front, True Trac rear, Dakota Digital, Hydroboost Power Steering and Brake System, rear wheel disc conversion, E-Stopp Elec Brake Systm.