FSJ Rebuild

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
Jevman

Re: FSJ Rebuild

Post by Jevman »

Here are a few more pics of the CVF Serpentine System being installed, this system will have a new AC peanut compressor pump mounted on the passenger side. With the Pro Flow 4, there isn't a place to mount the upper bracket for the stock AC compressor on the intake and others have just went with out the use of it when running V-Belts and pulleys. The CVF System is cheaper than the other systems and it looks nice to me, I haven't seen much input on the use of these systems on AMC's any where though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
78 Cherokee Chief W/T, 4" lift, 35x12.5R17 BFG TA's KO2's, 401, 700r4, Atlas II 3.0:1, 4.56, Pro Flow 4, CVF Serpentine System, E-Locker front, True Trac rear, Dakota Digital, Hydroboost Power Steering and Brake System, rear wheel disc conversion, E-Stopp Elec Brake Systm.

sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Just found your post, beautiful job on everything , never heard back from the body shop how are thing coming along with the AC?

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

Thanks! I did talk to him after your unit arrived there and he was going to call you when he started on it so I assume he's pretty busy, I will find out more shortly and let you know, I appreciate your help with this stuff so the Vintage Air Gen 5 goes in right the first time.
78 Cherokee Chief W/T, 4" lift, 35x12.5R17 BFG TA's KO2's, 401, 700r4, Atlas II 3.0:1, 4.56, Pro Flow 4, CVF Serpentine System, E-Locker front, True Trac rear, Dakota Digital, Hydroboost Power Steering and Brake System, rear wheel disc conversion, E-Stopp Elec Brake Systm.

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

A little more done to the CVF Serpentine System before the Advanced Adapters AMC to Chevy Transmission Kit and 700r4 goes on, then this thing can head back home to be put on the frame and the Atlas 3.0:1 two speed can be installed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

Just adding a few photo's of the 401 being married to the 700R4, I was missing the fly wheel bolts so had them sent, the 401 to 700R4 crank bushing was missing in the kit so had to get one sent but everything was test fit and it all went well, it should be fully married by the weekend. Heater hose and bypass hose fittings don't come with the Edelbrock water pumps so ordered them and they will be there this week also. Dakota digital water temp and oil pressure sensors yet to be installed along with the coil that needs to be remotely mounted from the stock set up because the Pro Flow 4 doesn't have a provision for a mount on the intake. Serpentine belt, spark plugs and wires and then there isn't much left to do but fit the headers to see if the tabs on the transmission that bolt the dust pan on need to be trimmed off or not, it's went well so far!

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

Back Home again and was able to get some stuff done again

Yeller

Post by Yeller »

Progress😎
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21395

1974 Bronco “Broncno”
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threa ... st-3411909

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

Mounted the radiator core and dash, hooked everything up and we fired up the 401 with the Edelbrock Pro Flow 4, everything went smoth and after playing with the settings the 401 ran smooth and sounded great. Still waiting on the body guy to get moving on the rest of it but so far so good!

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

Yea it's going good and some progress is being made, the Dakota Digital stuff works great with the Edelbrock Pro Flow 4, all the sending units came up on the dash and in the App. The dual stage fan was set to 200/210 degrees, thermostat is at 195, engine never went past 203 degrees, ran the engine for 20 mins at 2000 rpm to break in the lifters with breakin oil, then ran it from cold to hot 10 times, no leaks and should be ready to run the piss out of it when everything gets put back together.

Copper204

Post by Copper204 »

Love seeing someone else with a severe case of ADHD/ OCD like myself. Keep it up. Love it.
1971 J2000. 1981 CJ-7. 1989 XJ x3. 1989 MJ. 1990 YJ x3. 1972 Jeep Commando V-8 304 , Biggest baddest Purple 2017 JKU Rubicon in Tuolumne County

Follow me on instagram- @copper204 @oh_that_1_other_dude and @1971_Gladiator_Build

Jeep nut

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

I bought a center console from Classic Truck Consoles and modified it a bit extending it down in the back and forward in the front to fit tunnel and dash on my 79 outside, did this so I could make a template for the Atlas shifter cable assembly to be mounted to the floor of this build, shifter levers will be on the passenger side hugging the console just in front of the seat, most of the Dakota Digital stuff will be mounted under the console with the fuse box under the armrest maybe, that will be another chapter.

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

E-Stopp button, interior lighting, fog lights, elocker and Dakota Digital controller for the Gen 5 cut into the front with plenty of room for more switchs undernieth, acc power, heated seats and cup holders below the armrest, need to build a box for the arm rest compartment to hold any of my security devices and then everything will get wrapped and stitched in leather to match the interior, that's the wife's job..............

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

Copper204 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:02 pm Love seeing someone else with a severe case of ADHD/ OCD like myself. Keep it up. Love it.
That build you have going on is pretty awsome to say the least, I really like the purple too!

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

I had the time to revamp the old air-con duct to fit the center console and dash for the Vintage Air Gen 5, Dakota Digital controller is mounted in the console where the old controller was, had to do a little trimming on the dash on the right side of the steering wheel and the far right side of the dash for everything to fit, helped having an extra jeep put together and an extra dash to play with. Didn't have a break to bend the metal with so I had to use my vise and hammer, can't see it so I was ok with it. Painted the console Black just to get a feel on how it will look after it's wrapped with leather or vinyl. Found a pan on Amazon and cut it into the console on the top and will get that powder coated, this will give me more access to get to the fuse box and Dakota Digital Controllers or anything else I wanna hide under it.

sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Dash Looks great but would like to see some close ups, are you using underdash ac vents? good choice on the Dakota Dig to control the Gen IV,

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

Here are a few more close ups
Last edited by Jevman on Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

This is the old factory duct, the best I can do with the photos until I'm home again. Driver side is just cut and fit to length, little trimming on the dash, passenger side I had to cut the under side of the dash a bit also to get it to fit. Spacing on the console is 11's" and I used 2 - 2" electrical chase nipples and some of the old duct epoxied to feed the duct work on the ends. On the inside I also put some of the old rounded pieces (dividers) of the old duct cut up to catch the air on the two closest ducts on both sides and the 2" nipples sit center of that so both ducts on each side will get the same amount of air.
4 total ducts for the vents so probably going to cut in two round ducts on either side of the console for the third duct pipe and the 4th one run to the rear for some heat with 2 ducts feeding the main dash vents.

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

One more.

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

Just down sized these photos so they could be posted and it's as far as I got while home, being this is my first time doing a full frame off nut and bolt restore, any criticism good or bad would be great to hear on what you guys may have done differently, it's been great getting solid info from everyone so far!

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

Here is the heavy duty crossover and drag link I bought from Rocklaurance, Thanks for building these, very solid and looks great!
Last edited by Jevman on Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.