Tragedy in Boston

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
oakknoll

Tragedy in Boston

Post by oakknoll »

As many of you you know a horrific tragedy took place in Boston yesterday. Innocent people, including children, were killed, lost limbs, and were critically injured.

Please keep these people in your thoughts and prayers.

If you would like to make a donation to the families of the injured and lost: http://onefundboston.org/
Peter

1984 J-10
1982 CJ-8
1982 Wagoneer
1991 Comanche
1998 XJ Cherokee
2001 XJ Cherokee
2007 Commander
2012 Wrangler

lindel

Re: Tragedy in Boston

Post by lindel »

Thanks for the link Peter.
Lindel

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

x2. Thank you. As far as I'm concerned this should touch every corner of American life. Everyone should know what happened, both the tragedy AND the uprising of the true American spirit! There were medical people on scene to help with injured runners that instead found themselves putting tourniquets on toddlers legs. There were Army Soldiers (the uniform doesn't say "National Guard") there to help direct traffic and control crowds that instead were tearing down barricades and securing blast zones. When it comes to the police and paramedics, well, it's their job to deal with disaster, but there isn't a single one that goes to work on Monday morning and expects to deal with a mess like this, but still, they ALL rose to the occasion. That's America's Heroes in action!

The American spirit is what really makes me misty though. There was a spreadsheet posted by the Boston newspaper listing everyone willing to let a stranger into their home, all they asked was for an address, phone number and brief description. Folks from over 100 miles away not only put their info on the list, they used the description area to say they'd drive where ever they were needed to pick up, or pay for 100 mile cab fare, cook any dinner wanted, offers to buy plane tickets, etc etc.

This is not meant to be religious, but we are not only blessed with a proportionately large population of people who feel called to a Hero's service, but more importantly, a little bit of Hero in dang near each of us.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

This thread sounds like America to me. We all mentally & thoughtfully work our way through events we can't explain, and, more importantly lend a hand to those most impacted by an unforeseen and seneless act that could've happend in any one of our cities and towns. Nicely done America.

Mars

Post by Mars »

66stepside wrote:This thread sounds like America to me. We all mentally & thoughtfully work our way through events we can't explain, and, more importantly lend a hand to those most impacted by an unforeseen and seneless act that could've happend in any one of our cities and towns. Nicely done America.
I'll keep my political beliefs to myself. But I disagree that this could have happened anywhere.

Redone, Well put.
Anything more I say could be considered inflammatory so I'll hold my piece.
Jeep: making ordinary people mechanics for more than 70 years.

1981 J-10 Laredo.
http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... =15&t=1409

66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

It happened in Oklahoma City. It happened in Atlanta. It happened in Spokane. It happened in Boston.

Need I say more? Maybe... The so-called Unibomber hit more cities than than from his one room cabin.

Pretty sure that covers the east coast, mid west and pacific coast- without adding the Unibomber into the equation. Sounds like anywhere to me.

Let's focus on the facts, not rhetoric. It should be about the innocent victims, and the heroes who saved lives.

Nuff said.

Locked and Loaded

Post by Locked and Loaded »

66stepside wrote:It happened in Oklahoma City. It happened in Atlanta. It happened in Spokane. It happened in Boston.

Need I say more? Maybe... The so-called Unibomber hit more cities than than from his one room cabin.

Pretty sure that covers the east coast, mid west and pacific coast- without adding the Unibomber into the equation. Sounds like anywhere to me.

Let's focus on the facts, not rhetoric. It should be about the innocent victims, and the heroes who saved lives.

Nuff said.

X2
Drink more Water

Brizio

Post by Brizio »

I don't know how much believe this website, but for what I heard a the news, the suspect could be in those pics...
http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA

66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Brizio wrote:I don't know how much believe this website, but for what I heard a the news, the suspect could be in those pics...
http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA
That is a great example of "crowd sourcing" right there. That should either narrow it down, or eliminate perps.

Mars

Post by Mars »

66stepside wrote:Nuff said.
You kids crack me up.

All I said was that I disagreed and I'm very much allowed to.
So no, not nuff said.
Strictly speaking four cities YEARS apart does not constitute "everywhere".

I'm more concerned about who did it. So far the details have been really sketchy.

Also, GREAT link Brizio. And interesting reading around the middle of it. :-bd

1981 J-10 Laredo.

Topic author
oakknoll

Post by oakknoll »

When I started this thread, my idea was to let everybody know how many families, especially children, have been affected by this tragedy. I also wanted to give everyone the official fund raising site if you wanted to help out.

Please don't tarnish this thread. Please leave it as I intended it.

Stuka, if it gets ugly, please shut it down.
Peter

1984 J-10
1982 CJ-8
1982 Wagoneer
1991 Comanche
1998 XJ Cherokee
2001 XJ Cherokee
2007 Commander
2012 Wrangler

Brizio

Post by Brizio »

Sorry for post the link, if you want I will remove it.

Mars

Post by Mars »

Oak I won't get ugly on my end.

debate and differing opinions are the foundation of our system and need not be silenced.

1981 J-10 Laredo.

jaber
Vendor

Post by jaber »

Mars wrote:Oak I won't get ugly on my end.

debate and differing opinions are the foundation of our system and need not be silenced.
Agreed, but there is a time and place for everything. I'm sure theres a political site out there you could go rant on to get it out of your system... ;)
Jeff

'46 cj3a
'51 Willys p/u
'51 Willys Parkway Conversion
'74 CJ5
'75 J-20 Wrecker
'75 J-20 Cummins service truck
'77 J-10 p/u
'79 Cherokee
'88 Grand Wagoneer
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jeffaber/

Flashlight

Post by Flashlight »

Get ready to be personally attacked if you don't fall in lock-stepped here, how do you spin his comment into a political rant? Who are you to tell him he's not welcome. Fools despise wisdom! Just stick to jeeps, its more then you can handle.
Flashlight
"I started out with nothing...I still got most of it Left!"
1982 Wagoneer, Resto, Stock 360, 273's, Green Metallic, BJ's 2" Lift
[/color]

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Brizio: Great link. 4Chan certainly has its up and downs. But its ability to dig into things like this has always been a strong point.

As far as this thread, its fine for now. Just stay nice :)
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Mars

Post by Mars »

jaber wrote: I'm sure theres a political site out there you could go rant on to get it out of your system... ;)
I'm not ranting I swear :D

And yeah 4chan is usually a mixed bag ( of nuts ) but they do know how to dig. I'm honestly in awe.

1981 J-10 Laredo.

Mars

Post by Mars »

Flashlight wrote:Get ready to be personally attacked if you don't fall in lock-stepped here, how do you spin his comment into a political rant? Who are you to tell him he's not welcome. Fools despise wisdom! Just stick to jeeps, its more then you can handle.

Nah I've rarely gotten that vibe. I've been blabbing to most of these guys for years now. And even if I do drop something a little off color I'm pretty sure they would give me the benefit of the doubt. Don't sweat it. :D

1981 J-10 Laredo.

Flashlight

Post by Flashlight »

I'm not actually sweating it. Earlier this week I posted a concern. I was immediately attacked by other site mods for being a political fanatic and a 2nd amendment nut. Nevermind, I never mentioned "GUN" anywhere. There seems to be a fraternity of folks who feel they have more rights and judgement then others. They seem to be old feller's from the IFSJA site. I let it go once, but see you started to get hammered and decided to speak up.
I hope this site will mature a little from here. Certainly everyday courtesy would be appreciated.

Yes, Yes, Yes....Thanks for letting us know how to help Boston! :-bd

Mars wrote:
Flashlight wrote:Get ready to be personally attacked if you don't fall in lock-stepped here, how do you spin his comment into a political rant? Who are you to tell him he's not welcome. Fools despise wisdom! Just stick to jeeps, its more then you can handle.

Nah I've rarely gotten that vibe. I've been blabbing to most of these guys for years now. And even if I do drop something a little off color I'm pretty sure they would give me the benefit of the doubt. Don't sweat it. :D
Flashlight
"I started out with nothing...I still got most of it Left!"
1982 Wagoneer, Resto, Stock 360, 273's, Green Metallic, BJ's 2" Lift
[/color]

Locked and Loaded

Post by Locked and Loaded »

[quote="Flashlight"]I'm not actually sweating it. Earlier this week I posted a concern. I was immediately attacked by other site mods for being a political fanatic and a 2nd amendment nut. Nevermind, I never mentioned "GUN" anywhere. There seems to be a fraternity of folks who feel they have more rights and judgement then others. They seem to be old feller's from the IFSJA site. I let it go once, but see you started to get hammered and decided to speak up.
I hope this site will mature a little from here. Certainly everyday courtesy would be appreciated.

Yes, Yes, Yes....Thanks for letting us know how to help Boston! :-bd

'I'm just so happy to give up my firearms, Homeland Security, FBI, BPD, etc. etc., Do such a great job keeping us safe! I have no need of self-Protection
They're from the Gov't and here to help, New Yorkers start registering your Semi-Auto rifles today, tomorrow they will be confiscating, when they have your address.

Really?
Drink more Water