Motorcraft 2150 rebuild

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
frank n texas

Motorcraft 2150 rebuild

Post by frank n texas »

Afternoon all...

Can anyone point me to a Motorcraft 2150 carb rebuild outfit that does serious well done rebuilds?

Looking for a shop that seriously rebuilds carbs to perfection......Not a run of the mill mass rebuilder/swapper..

I want MY original carb rebuilt....Not some rebuilt POS

Thanks in advance

frank n texas.... :fsj:

FSJunkie

Re: Motorcraft 2150 rebuild

Post by FSJunkie »

That's a good idea. Remanufactured carburetors are like remanufactured distributors. In the process of rebuilding, the various parts specific to a certain application are mixed up.

Not all Motorcraft 2150's have the same internal jetting, and a good example would be the rebuilder installing a Ford 289 booster cluster into a Jeep 360 carburetor. Now you have a problem, because all the air bleeds and IFR's are wrong.

Same thing happens to remanufactured distributors. All of a sudden your new reman distributor isn't the same list number as the original and not only that, but the advance plate and cam have mismatched part numbers, throwing off total timing and the derivitive of the advance curve.

I hate reman stuff, except simple things like starters, alternators, and water pumps.

Unless the throttle shaft has more than .010" of play on it's bushings, you should be able to rebuild it perfectly well so long as you buy a kit and leave it in the dipping vat for a good way or two and scrub with a toothbrush.
1972 Wagoneer: 360 2V, THM-400, D20, D30 closed knuckle, D44 Trac-lok 3.31.
1965 Rambler Ambassador: 327 4V, BW M-10 auto, AMC 20 3.15.
1973 AMC Ambassador: 360 4V, TC-727.
1966 AMC Marlin 327 4V, T-10 4 speed, AMC 20 Powr-lok 3.54.

WaggyReb

Post by WaggyReb »

New Guy here, Check out gauranteed carberators in florida, just bought a carb for my 87 and it works great at a good price and they will rebuild your old one as well..

Mike

carnuck

Post by carnuck »

Frank, even you could rebuild your own and not screw it up. They are that simple!
Check my parts for sale near Seattle

Topic author
frank n texas

Post by frank n texas »

That will be my last resort .....

Florida83FSJCherokee

Post by Florida83FSJCherokee »

"I sent my carb to “Gronkperformance”… $150 plus return shipping and I had a completely rebuilt (not just cleaned) carb in my mail box. I got it with a manual choke conversion, and it came with all the hardware, mounting adapter plate, and extremely easy to follow online instructions, photos, and information. I would also like to mention that “Gronk” was available for technical support when questions arose. Over all this was a great experience!!!

His email and web address is listed below if you would like to contact him about an upgrade kit…
gronk@gronkperformance.com and his web site is http://www.gronkperformance.com "

I copied this from the thread link in my signature. If you want to see the complete kit included there are photos of the whole thing. Adapter plate, carb, choke kit...ect.

They will set it up for your specific location, elevation, driving preferences. ect.

Good Luck

JP

carnuck

Post by carnuck »

Plus one on Gronk. If I weren't able to work on my own, I'd have him do one for me.
Check my parts for sale near Seattle

j20brett

Post by j20brett »

Hey frank, where in Houston are you?
"Kaiser" - 1981 J20 115" WB - 5.3l/4l60E/np241c/3-link hp60 spooled/Leafs 14-bolt detroit/5.13's/40's

Fight Crime...Shoot Back.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Topic author
frank n texas

Post by frank n texas »

Out 59 SOUTH near Rosenberg