360 vacumm hose sizes?

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
frank n texas

360 vacumm hose sizes?

Post by frank n texas »

Howdy all...I am sitting her about to pull what hair I have left on my head out... :-?

I have spent the better part of 3 hours on every FSJ forum/website I could find trying to determine exactly what sizes of vacuum hoses I will need to do as 100% change out on my 1982 J-10

I have collectively come up with all of these which I simply cannot believe is correct:

3/16
5/16
7/16
5/32
1/4

I have not been able to determine if these are inside or outside dimensions either?

Can anyone here give me the true sizes needed so I can order?

My Jeep is NOT available for me to measure the existing hose sizes..

I plan to buy several feet of whichever correct sizes...Just cannot afford to buy hose I will never use because it is incorrect size.

I also would like to know where to purchase all those little white plastic "T"s, 90elbows, etc that are required?

Thanks in advance

frank n texas

frank in Texas

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: 360 vacumm hose sizes?

Post by Stuka »

There are a few sizes used. The size is always internal diameter.

I don't think there is any list that show what they all are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Racegas

Post by Racegas »

On my 89, once I found the parts manual, at oljeep.com, I believe, it showed the various vac diagrams, and each line was coded, with a legend on the side, with the id, given for each code.
Robert E Lee
89 GW White/Maroon, Son's DD

89 GW Silver/Maroon/Rust, parts car

tgreese

Post by tgreese »

Most of the vacuum lines for emisson controls are 5/32". I don't know of any 7/16" lines. The line from the oil filler cap to the air cleaner is 1/2". Fuel lines are 5/16" (from tank) and 1/4" (return). The power valve connection (on V8s) is 1/4" vacuum line IIRC.

You can usually get the vacuum tees as a "HELP" item at the parts store. But generally you can reuse them. Slit the hose carefully and it will come off without damaging the plastic tee.

Sorry, there's no master list to tell in advance how much hose you'll need. Just buy more than you'll need. Any local parts store will have the hose you need. If the truck is not available, I suggest you wait until it is and buy the hose then.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

cma

Post by cma »

:geek: was the last half hour outside to do the measurement of the different hoses. too much .......the are different inside and outside, depends to which location. not at each point you can take the standard one in case of the curves you have to go.

it is easier to do measurement on the hardware bolt > i found 2 of the most available ones: bolt > 4.8mm and 6.3mm and one with 5.3 mm so i have to decide which one fits better on this dimension.

wait before you buy, take time to look yourself...

its funny, we had the same thoughts :mrgreen:
Markus!

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Jeep Cherokee Chief Laredo, 12/1982, AMC 360, black/black

Picture Story: https://picasaweb.google.com/1019823415 ... directlink
Part II:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1019823415 ... directlink

carnuck

Post by carnuck »

A mile of each would do it for sure. Did the owls eat it all? Or the barn mice? ;)

I simplified mine and I'm replacing the ones I kept with steel brakelines and silicone hose connections. I plan to never do it again !
Check my parts for sale near Seattle

Topic author
frank n texas

Post by frank n texas »

Thanks to all who have responded so far....Narrowing it down somewhat.. :D

Been 20+ years since I last changed them all out...Lost my size notes moving around the country... :oops:

:mrgreen: ie, "carnuck"....Barn Owls moved on to greener pastures about 4 years ago...Left mucho Owl scat everywhere...

Take care alll.....

frank n texas

Topic author
frank n texas

Post by frank n texas »

BTW...I am mostly interested in the sizes of that cluster of hoses under and all around the intake manifold/carb...

frank n texas