Moab FSJ March 31 - April 4 2016

FSJ Related Events in the Mountain Time Zone

Nikkormat

Re: Moab FSJ March 31 - April 4 2016

Post by Nikkormat »

derf wrote:
Nikkormat wrote:U joints checked, ball joints were bad new are on the way. Wheel bearings good, regreased and re tourqed.
I have a ball joint press and all the other tools you might need to swap the ball joints if you want to do the swap at my place. Beyond the press, the ball joint nuts are over 1" so a normal wrench set doesn't cover it. But I bought the two oversized wrenches needed to do the swap.

I really appreciate the offer. If I can't get garage space at work this weekend I'll talk to you about it.
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

FWIW: I'll be in Moab, running White Rim March 29-April 1st. Do you guys know what trails you're running?

Hey Nikkormat: What are you going with for front recovery points? I'm trying to figure something out that's effective but not invasive. (trying to keep from cutting up my fairly clean rig)
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

I am definitely running that one easy trail with the dinosaur prints.

I won't run anything too extreme / scary since my little girl will be riding along.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Lumpskie wrote:Hey Nikkormat: What are you going with for front recovery points? I'm trying to figure something out that's effective but not invasive. (trying to keep from cutting up my fairly clean rig)
I've got a grill guard to install with holes for front shackles. For the rear (and front if the guard isn't sturdy enough) I'm going to pick up a big heavy axle strap. To run either around the frame, shackles, or axle. Whatever works. I need to grab a new come a long too.

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

What's the plan for spots Blake?

Topic author
AwesomeJ10

Post by AwesomeJ10 »

Nikkormat wrote:What's the plan for spots Blake?
Yes

I finally got in touch with Daniel at the CanyonlandRV in Moab. http://www.cruiseinnrvparks.com/rvpark- ... oCRG_w_wcB

I reserved a tent site in the "T" section which is the back section of tent sites across the creek.

The dates I reserved are the night of March 30th until the morning of April 4th.

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

So should I reserve a spot? Did you reserve multiple? Do you know your spot number?

Topic author
AwesomeJ10

Post by AwesomeJ10 »

Yes, you should call 888-222-3505 and order a spot for the night of March 30th until the morning of April 4th.

Just tell them you want a tent spot in the T section (back section across from the creek).

I think the total cost is $174 with a $30 down payment.

Lumpskie

Post by Lumpskie »

So, do you guys have any idea what you'll be up to on April 2nd? I get off of White Rim on the 1st and might try to swing by...
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Anyone looking to share a spot? $175 bucks seems like a lot of money for a tent site. But half that doesn't sound as bad.

This is turning into a 14 day excursion for me. I've got to be in Dutch John on the 23rd, Salt Lake on the 28th, Moab on the 30th, and I want to camp Weston Pass on the way home to avoid I-70 as much as possible. Does anyone know when Weston is usually open?

Also, what do you guys think the itinerary is going to look like. I would really love to go spend a night in the La Sals. Maybe it would be better to do that the night of the fourth.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

shimniok wrote:I am definitely running that one easy trail with the dinosaur prints.

I won't run anything too extreme / scary since my little girl will be riding along.

Wow, it has been a while. It is a very scenic ride.

https://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.a ... BGS113-015
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Topic author
AwesomeJ10

Post by AwesomeJ10 »

my GF and I made a last minute trip to Moab this past weekend. drove the 'new to us' LX470 with 255k miles towing the camper. We ran Fins N Things and the baby lions back. Good times where had!

I'm very much looking forward to heading up there with the Honcho in a few weeks...

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

Can't wait. Booked hotel rooms for myself and for Scott. We'll be at the big horn lodge.

Next challenge is getting the transmission fixed. Between all the emergencies, illnesses, work, I haven't touched the truck in months.

Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!

Topic author
AwesomeJ10

Post by AwesomeJ10 »

So who all is 100% coming?

so far I see :

nikkormat
Scott
Shimniok
me

who else?

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

I'm in 100%.

Moab Checklist:
Radiator: Done!
Ball joints: 50%
Steering: Done!
Aux Lights: Done!
CB: Done!
Tires, rims: Done!
Trans Leak: Done!
Kickdown switch/hose: Done!

Still need:
Full size spare
Fuel delivery
Air for tires
Reservation
Gas money

BRUTUS

Post by BRUTUS »

Looks like I am in if I can figure out my trailer brakes. Erica is going to try and take Garrett to Laredo Tx that weekend so I have an open seat. Not sure if anyone wants to split a hotel room or not... Let me know. I am staying away from facespace for awhile so send me a pm.
'74 J30 with some upgrades

Topic author
AwesomeJ10

Post by AwesomeJ10 »

Ah sweet man!!!!

Camp out with us!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

if your looking to share a campsite, I'd be happy to pay for half.

BRUTUS

Post by BRUTUS »

Blake wrote:Ah sweet man!!!!

Camp out with us!!

Sounds good. I have never camped at Canyonland camp sites. What site do you have reserved? Or what site did you submit to reserve?
Nikkormat wrote:if your looking to share a campsite, I'd be happy to pay for half.
We will have to see what they say about that first. It doesn't bother me either way but I have a feeling that we don't have the same "liberties" there that we have in KOA Ouray. I will have my tow rig and trailer in addition to Brutus. Once I hear back from Blake, I will reserve a site.

EDIT: after looking into it a little further, the "BACK TENT, WATER ONLY" section seems to be "Blake Friendly" and it says it sleeps up to 6 adults! How many rigs can we stuff on a site Blake?
'74 J30 with some upgrades

Topic author
AwesomeJ10

Post by AwesomeJ10 »

BRUTUS wrote:
Blake wrote:Ah sweet man!!!!

Camp out with us!!

Sounds good. I have never camped at Canyonland camp sites. What site do you have reserved? Or what site did you submit to reserve?
Nikkormat wrote:if your looking to share a campsite, I'd be happy to pay for half.
We will have to see what they say about that first. It doesn't bother me either way but I have a feeling that we don't have the same "liberties" there that we have in KOA Ouray. I will have my tow rig and trailer in addition to Brutus. Once I hear back from Blake, I will reserve a site.

EDIT: after looking into it a little further, the "BACK TENT, WATER ONLY" section seems to be "Blake Friendly" and it says it sleeps up to 6 adults! How many rigs can we stuff on a site Blake?
our trailers will be parked kind of 'in between' the main camping area and the area that we are getting.

Last year we had an EPIC bon fire at those sites (there is a guy in town who sells cheap firewood)

I think there are only a few tent sites in that back area...