Willys Jeepster Tribute Build

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
66stepside

Re: Willys Jeepster Tribute Build

Post by 66stepside »

Not one to waste much, I used the left over bed liner from the panel to line the fire wall and the front floor boards of the F.jeepster.

Before:

After:

The roller fell apart 1/2 way thru so I had to scramble to get it completed before the two part epoxy set up... Good times, good times.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Which bedliner did you use? Looking at maybe doing something like this in my truck.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Stuka wrote:Which bedliner did you use? Looking at maybe doing something like this in my truck.
I used an off the shelf product called "Hippo Liner". It's UV resistant and comes in a 2 part set up that you mix together yourself. I tested it out on the tailgate and hidden latching system of the 66. It's held up really well. I used other products in the past that did not hold up well... this stuff does.

After mixing, it generates a bit heat, and cures quickly, so you have to make sure everything you need is ready to go.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

I sold some jeep parts the other day so I was able to get the rear driveline done up!

If I weren't helping a buddy move, I'd be driving this beast around the block this weekend!!

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Drive line is in, now just tweaking the gas lines and filler neck... Meanwhile, I am going on a parts run in the AM...

While the wife is at work, I plan on stripping a mid to late 70's Cherokee of some parts as well as a 71 waggie way up in the northern county.

A craigslister wants to do some trading my Willys parts for some waggie parts.

So I am packed up and the kids and I are going to make a picnic out of it.

These are the pics he sent me...

I'll be taking the trailer up in the topless, doorless wrangler... Road trip!

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

The hose lines are being ran, the fame is being painted and I'll be swapping in a GW axle for the locker and better gear ratio.

Meanwhile, I painted the door a 3 stage burgundy/maroon wth 4 coats of clear. I do not recommend Duplicolor single stage paint products from the corner auto parts store. Their spray can stuff is great, but the quart stuff is cr@p.

I finalized the wall and painted a section of it, then hung up some "art".