Emissions numbers.

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
razorgrill

Emissions numbers.

Post by razorgrill »

First off, HUGE shout out to Bob and Becca for hooking up my Jeep today. Ignition and timing is squared away. Now vacuum and carb. She lives though!!!

Emissions numbers are:

HC in PPM = 1524 / Standard being 350
CO % = 0.06/ Standard being 4.00

Open to suggestions. Timing is squared away.

I have to do and oil change still.
Last edited by razorgrill on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Matt N.

1978 Jeep Cherokee S (Fully Documented)

2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (Sold) (Lowered 3" R 2" F, K&N Intake, Header Back Alien Head II Exhaust, TRE Mod, Power Commander w/ Race Map, VP Race Fuel)

2013 Nissan Maxima (1 Owner, New Car Smell)

And When He Gets To Heaven, To St. Peter He Will Tell; One More Soldier Reporting Sir, I've Served My Time In Hell.
D-Day - June 6, 1944

letank

Re: Emissions numbers.

Post by letank »

According to the chit sheet at the smog station

Looks like ignition misfire...

High HC and rather normal or even Low CO.

Loose or broken spark plug wires, spark plug, bad cap n rotor.

Here are my # for the last 10 years for the 85, the 74 is exempt

Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
razorgrill

Post by razorgrill »

I dropped from 18 inch pounds in vacuum to 14. Apparently I had the timing so far advanced that it was compensating for other problems that popped up after squaring away the TDC timing. The fluctuation in vacuum is throwing off my carb adjustment numbers. Bob, I think your 100% right with carb problem.

Any recommendations for a 2 barrel carb? I know mine is about a 3 legged dog right now. Couple things stripped out in the aluminum body.

Oh! The explosion. Destroyed my exhaust system!!! There isn't even a rat fart of exhaust coming out the tail pipe. Explains why my trucks sounds so loud now.
Matt N.

2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (Sold) (Lowered 3" R 2" F, K&N Intake, Header Back Alien Head II Exhaust, TRE Mod, Power Commander w/ Race Map, VP Race Fuel)

And When He Gets To Heaven, To St. Peter He Will Tell; One More Soldier Reporting Sir, I've Served My Time In Hell.
D-Day - June 6, 1944

letank

Post by letank »

Quiet, no recommendations.... The stock 2150 is not bad besides blowing power valve from time to time, you need to find a good rebuildable unit, w a 1.21 venturi, the 1.08 is for the 6cyl.

I wrote down the carb type of the best running rigs in Ouray, but it has disappeared..... IIRC every non stock carb was a 4 barrel...
Michel

Topic author
razorgrill

Post by razorgrill »

Thank you sir. I have no plans on moving away from a 2 barrel. Thought there may be a better aftermarket or repop, but my research has pretty much led to running the stock unit.
Matt N.

D-Day - June 6, 1944

letank

Post by letank »

razorgrill wrote:Thank you sir. I have no plans on moving away from a 2 barrel. Thought there may be a better aftermarket or repop, but my research has pretty much led to running the stock unit.
The 2150 with the altitude compensator which is the stock unit is pretty stout, easy to rebuild, perform fairly well off-road and still many to choose from. Mine are over 210Kmiles on both waggys. The 74 2100 gave up the ghost in 2012, no idling, and I could not clean it up, so it inherited a 2150 from a previous 200K wagoneer.

A little surfing point to checking the application of expoxy on the interior parts, so be careful when buying a used unit or getting a junkyard purchase.
Michel

Topic author
razorgrill

Post by razorgrill »

Huuuuuuuge shout out to Bob and Martin! Kevin, thank you to you too for being on the helm sir. Emissions pump, brackets, hoses, and diverter valve is installed. Thank you gentlemen! Wish me luck on the next drive through for emissions.
Last edited by razorgrill on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt N.

D-Day - June 6, 1944

Gumby

Post by Gumby »

You need to run some sea foam and drive the song out of it a few days prior to going in. Make sure when you take it is the engine is "properly" warmed up prior to going in there.... meaning drive it like a rental :-bd .
1984 GW 360/727/208.... 4"/ 31"
2004 CRD QC SRW 3500 4X4 (DD)
1983 "project Dubya" (long term)

Topic author
razorgrill

Post by razorgrill »

PASSED!

Matt N.

D-Day - June 6, 1944

Gumby

Post by Gumby »

Congratulations!
1984 GW 360/727/208.... 4"/ 31"
2004 CRD QC SRW 3500 4X4 (DD)
1983 "project Dubya" (long term)

Topic author
razorgrill

Post by razorgrill »

Why thank you sir! Im quite proud of myself. And thanks to the help from you local gentlemen, my old battleship puffs whole Prius's from its tail pipe.
Matt N.

D-Day - June 6, 1944