Subscribing to a thread

Area to ask questions or post comments related to this forum.

Topic author
srobertsfsj

Subscribing to a thread

Post by srobertsfsj »

On the "Other" forum when you subscribe to a thread you get a visual indication that you are subscribed to that thread. I tried both the subscribe feature and bookmark feature here and neither work. When you post to the thread you get the indicator but I dont always want to post on a thread I just want to follow it. Can you set it so when you subscribe it gets that checkmark?
Scott R.

'86 Grand Wagoneer "Super Chief" 5.3L drivetrain/ WT conversion / TT's Fabworks SOA and SF / 37x12.5x17 BFG A/T KO3 http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... 294&p=3364

"After years of being paranoid about my Jeep’s temp going towards that 220F mark, I’m realizing that if it was real problem, Jeep engineers would have painted that area RED." - FSJ Guy

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Subscribing to a thread

Post by Stuka »

Moved to forum related.

And yeah I know there is no visual indication when viewing the main forums. And I am not sure if there is a quick link to see subscribed topics. there is in preferences, but not sure if there is someplace that is easier to get too. But already considering making some changes to some things. This may be fixed with that.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

carnuck

Re: Subscribing to a thread

Post by carnuck »

When you log in (assuming on a computer) there is an arrow tab next to your logout button that draws down and then select new posts. Open however many pages and you can pick to open them one at a time. The color of the button on the left changes. If it's dark with a checkmark, you are subscribed and already checked since more posts were put on there. If there is a tiny red button, then there is new posts and that will take you directly to them. If you set it so you are subscribed to anything you post in (an option under user profile) you don't have to do anything else.
Check my parts for sale near Seattle