Exhaust System

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
cpfeifffer

Exhaust System

Post by cpfeifffer »

Guys,

I've had a heck of a time finding a good muffler shop that was willing and able to put in a custom exhaust system for my '78 Cherokee Chief. Most of the shops weren't willing. I had to get one done and it was a booger welded mess. The cat was undersized, the muffler hit my rear driveshaft, supports were garbage, O2 sensors were incorrect, etc. It needed to be replaced, which stinks because I have less than 3,000 miles through the original exhaust.

It isn't a daily so I was taking my time to find a good shop. Paying for it twice was going to be bad enough so I wanted to make sure it was good this time.

I ended up going to FMG Exhaust in Crosby, TX. Jerry Strybos is the owner and he did an excellent job. Welds are beautiful, bends are perfect with room to breathe. He got my O2 sensors installed properly and it sounds great.

www.fmgexhaust.com

Also, I don't know how to post a link to Instagram, but go check out their page to see some of their work.
1978 Cherokee Chief
5.3L L33, 4L60E, Atlas II 5.0

tgreese

Re: Exhaust System

Post by tgreese »

Good idea to recommend the place that did good work for you. However, I think it would have more impact on the forum or Facebook page of your local 4x4 or hot rod clubs. Just a suggestion.

Also these pages might be a good place to look for local businesses that do good work on these Jeeps. Posting here reaches a lot of FSJ owners but is 'regionally dilute' you might say.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.