FSJ Seat Compatibility.

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
TrickyDick

FSJ Seat Compatibility.

Post by TrickyDick »

Hi all!

Apparently the 1972 Jeep J2000 I’m looking to acquire does not include a seat. There’s a bench seat from a J10 available in my area (no year provided). Any idea if this seat would be compatible based on this limited data? Thanks in advance.

V/R,

Rich
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yeller

Re: FSJ Seat Compatibility.

Post by Yeller »

It will fit. The bench seats were virtually unchanged over the years. The holes for the mounting may be different, but I doubt it.
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21395

1974 Bronco “Broncno”
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threa ... st-3411909

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

The floor mounts did change for 81+ trucks as the floor shape changed.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

yz400e

Post by yz400e »

Nice Seat.

letank

Post by letank »

The bench seat mount by outside 4 legs/fixtures, what changed was the transmission tunnel, so any bench should fit as there are no central point of anchor.

Hard to tell on this pict, but no central anchor points

and looking at your picture, it seems to be a rear bench! by the mechanism on the right side of the bench... someone can chime in... nope the rear bench would be lower on the ground.

here is a better pict
BenchCleanupFSJ.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

threepiece

Post by threepiece »

letank wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:28 pm
and looking at your picture, it seems to be a rear bench! by the mechanism on the right side of the bench... someone can chime in... nope the rear bench would be lower on the ground.

here is a better pict

BenchCleanupFSJ.png
Yes, the rear SJ seat will have large clearance on each side for the wheel house, very different than the front seat.

I collect springs from the passenger side of seat frames before I scrap them. Seat springs are notorious for breaking, especially on vehicles with high miles. When building a bench seat I replace the driver side springs with ones from the passenger side.
I used to name my FSJ’s after their previous owners, I realized I had too many with five named Rick.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.