FSJ Rebuild

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
Jevman

Re: FSJ Rebuild

Post by Jevman »

The amount of stuff that goes into all the builds I have seen is something to appreciate for sure!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jevman on Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
78 Cherokee Chief W/T, 4" lift, 35x12.5R17 BFG TA's KO2's, 401, 700r4, Atlas II 3.0:1, 4.56, Pro Flow 4, CVF Serpentine System, E-Locker front, True Trac rear, Dakota Digital, Hydroboost Power Steering and Brake System, rear wheel disc conversion, E-Stopp Elec Brake Systm.

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

Couple of more photos of the frame and drive line. When the body gets done and put on it will be fun getting it to the finish line to drive it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
78 Cherokee Chief W/T, 4" lift, 35x12.5R17 BFG TA's KO2's, 401, 700r4, Atlas II 3.0:1, 4.56, Pro Flow 4, CVF Serpentine System, E-Locker front, True Trac rear, Dakota Digital, Hydroboost Power Steering and Brake System, rear wheel disc conversion, E-Stopp Elec Brake Systm.

Yeller

Post by Yeller »

Looking really good. Excited to see this get finished, although I’m sure not near as excited as you🤣
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21395

1974 Bronco “Broncno”
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threa ... st-3411909

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

Yea it's a good feeling to get it to this point, I'll never use it as a Rock Crawler of course but I think it will get me where I want to go with a smile!

Yeller

Post by Yeller »

I don't consider mine a crawler either but I've been on the far extreme side of the sport so long I'll do things in my tow unit that most normal people would think twice about in a built rig. It's kind of like listening to mortar fire, at some point it lulls you to sleep :lol:
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod

1974 Bronco “Broncno”

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

I can definitely relate to that!

sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Jevman wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:26 amOne more.
Dash is a work of art! love creations that are balanced and have symmetry

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

Thanks, I kept it simple and as factory looking as possible and it was a day job putting it together to fit the console and dash, I'm happy with it so far, the nice thing about the console is it will hide all the Dakota Digital stuff, fuse box and some relays making it easy to get to anything without laying on your back under the dash.

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

My valve covers finally came in after 11 months and had my son put them on, not much that's going to happen for awhile until I'm home again.............

OldFarmTruck22

Post by OldFarmTruck22 »

Great build Jevman!!
I'm also doing an AMC to 700r4 swap.
Tell me something, how were you able to fit your starter in without cutting the 'ear' off the tranny on that side??
Advance Adapters tells me I have to cut the starter side ear off the transmission for the starter to fit ?!?!?

Did you use a factory AMC starter?

Thanks.
78 FSJ AMC 360 Quadratrac

Yeller

Post by Yeller »

For what its worth those ears often were removed in some applications for exhaust manifold clearance from the factory, so I've always considered them sacrificial.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod

1974 Bronco “Broncno”

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

OldFarmTruck22 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:56 am Great build Jevman!!
I'm also doing an AMC to 700r4 swap.
Tell me something, how were you able to fit your starter in without cutting the 'ear' off the tranny on that side??
Advance Adapters tells me I have to cut the starter side ear off the transmission for the starter to fit ?!?!?

Did you use a factory AMC starter?

Thanks.
Like Yeller says in his post, cutting the ear off is more for the exhaust depending on what exhaust you may have I think. The factory starter fits in there fine and is tight but what I did was change it out to the Powermaster XS High Torque starter, there is more room around the starter doing this and I wanted to put some heat shield around it, the other thing you will run into is the upper bolt holding the starter on needs to be put in from the back side of the adapter before you mount the bell housing or you won't get it in there, this also makes it hard mount the starter because now the bolt is almost up against the bell housing, there is no way to get it out if your threads where ever damaged unless you pull the bell housing back enough to get another bolt in. What I did with this is I took a 3/4" pipe nipple and drilled out the bell housing directly behind where the bolt goes in to mount the starter on the top, cut the inside part of the nipple at the angle of the bell housing and JB welded it in there so you have access from the outside of the bell housing to get to it, I also put a Allen Bolt in that has a smaller head and just easier to install, you will be able to access that bolt now from either the bottom or the back and replace it if you ever need to. I put a pipe cap on the end of the nipple and it all looks great and worked well! I'm not home to take a photo of what I did but will try to get my wife to do it sometime soon and post it for you. Another issue you will find is you will need to have someone fab up a dust cover for the torque converter which I have someone doing when they get time, it needs to be about 1 inch longer on the engine side, hope this helps......

Topic author
Jevman

Post by Jevman »

Here is a photo I found