RockLaurence FSJ Long Travel suspension 4-5" of lift

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

RockLaurence FSJ Long Travel suspension 4-5" of lift

Post by rocklaurence »

RockLaurence is proud to offer this new FSJ Long Travel Suspension system that provides lift and a softer ride for FSJeeps. Here’s how and why it is the best system for our Jeeps. First, the system uses our Front Spring Shackle Reversal [FSSR] that puts the springs in a position to absorb more of the road forces by allowing the axle to move backwards instead of transferring the force to the frame. Second, our custom springs have 9 leaves and are 56” long. That’s 16% longer than the original 47” springs. This with the FSSR allows the spring to carry the load with far less arch. Note: all Lift Kit manufactures use the original 47” long spring to minimize Customer expense and to fit the original brackets. However, it’s impossible to add more arch and load capacity to a 47” spring and still have a soft ride. Third, to maximize ground clearance and performance we replaced the spring shackle with a Heavy-Duty slider box. Lastly, by Thinking Outside the Box we have developed a system that provides 4-5” of lift, has 8+ inches of front axle travel and rides softer/better than any other kit. No other manufacturer comes close. Note: this kit requires several additional considerations. First, a pocket [included in the kit] will need to be welded into the transmission cross member to account for the extra front axle travel and drive shaft clearance. Second, a long travel front driveshaft and shocks are required but are not included in this kit. I’m currently working to add these parts as options. S&H is subject to your location [estimated at $260 for springs and kit]
https://rocklaurencevintageautoparts.co ... -1974-1980
Last edited by rocklaurence on Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Re: RockLaurence FSJ Long Travel suspension 4-5" of lift

Post by rocklaurence »

As most of you know, I've been working on this for several years. I wanted to make sure that everything worked together as a system. For example: I had to test 3 different sets of springs until we developed a set that would provide the lift needed and would'nt sag. Also, I'm working with Tom Woods, Pro Comp and Go Rancho to provide the front drive shaft and shock options. Until then shocks will have to be sourced by the customer. This is a really comfortable riding system because the springs are 9" longer than the OEM springs and are only arched to provide 2" of lift. The other 3" of lift are provided by the spring brackets and Slider Box. I'll post up more pictures of the kit installed and will post a installation video on YouTube.

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Well, I'm 70% finished with the Suspension install on my '81 Cherokee. Everything went together really well and there were only a few small items to change to the kit. The biggest delay for me was learning the New-to-me GoPro. Once I get the video edited and posted Ill provide a link here.

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

I don't wanna sound like a jerk but if you're going to sell a system you ought to have pics of it; and not just sitting in the parking lot. How's a prospective buyer to know it isn't just a buncha parts?

I see this a lot with aftermarket parts.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

SJTD wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:44 pm I don't wanna sound like a jerk but if you're going to sell a system you ought to have pics of it; and not just sitting in the parking lot. How's a prospective buyer to know it isn't just a buncha parts?

I see this a lot with aftermarket parts.
Very True. I agree and I hope to get more information out there in the future. These are several reaons that I have failed in this regard. First, I've been working a full time job and doing this [RockLaurence Vintage Auto Parts] on the side and trying to deploy videos to two channels. I've been very busy. Second, I don't have a dedicated offroad FSJ [yet]. My Cherokee will become my daily driver [someday] and I'll only 4 wheel it occassionally. Also, the Shop Truck is just that-a shop truck and won't be Wheeled hard. Third, I'm in Florida and the offroad environment is all sand and swamp. Not a very interesting place to display the attributes of a suspension system. Lastly, I'm semi-retired now and plan to get these vehicles out and into the wild! I'm also anticipating a very unique FSJ build that will be driven often and hard offroad to prove the advantages of our products. Stay tuned :-bd

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Can I make it to Ouray? That would be cool to show one of these vehicles out there.
Last edited by rocklaurence on Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yeller

Post by Yeller »

rocklaurence wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:17 am Can I make it to Ouray? That would be cool to show one of these vehicles off there.
I'm a suspension geek, I'd crawl around it ;) :D

need to holler at you when I'm in your neck of the country for more than a few hours.
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21395

1974 Bronco “Broncno”
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threa ... st-3411909

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Yeller wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:19 am
rocklaurence wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:17 am Can I make it to Ouray? That would be cool to show one of these vehicles off there.
I'm a suspension geek, I'd crawl around it ;) :D

need to holler at you when I'm in your neck of the country for more than a few hours.
You bet-Im looking forward to it

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Finally, I have a complete front Long Travel suspension install video. I'll have a second video on the rear install soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmlSrmdFACc&t=6s

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

I posted up the rear 4" lift install https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjG3DVI3YHs