TITD 2023

FSJ Related Events in the Mountain Time Zone

will e

Re: TITD 2023

Post by will e »

Dusty I hope you make it!
Bryan and Beth Ann, so sorry it isn't going to work out for you guys.

The weather is going to be awesome!
74 on Friday with a low of 54
73 on Saturday with Considerable clouds. Perhaps some showers and thunderstorms in the morning followed by a little rain in the afternoon. 51 degrees at night. That is absolute perfect camp fire weather. Looking forward to it!

Sunday lows are 50 degrees so no one will freeze their butts off. And the high is 74 so breaking down camp won't be a sweat fest.

It's about as perfect as one could ask for.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Curly

Post by Curly »

I'm bummed to miss out this year, but I have my Son and his family coming up this weekend. Going to ride the Santa train in Flag and celebrate 2 birthdays. Have fun out there. Maybe next year.
I start what I finish.

81 Wagoneer 4.2/auto
77 Cherokee S 360/Auto/QT
97 Jeep Wrangler

Dusty

Post by Dusty »

I had to say "What could possibly go wrong?""

TC is in, but found a few more things that needs to be addressed before a 7 hour drive to AZ.
Not to mention our first winter storm is coming in starting on Wed. and I am not ready yet up here in the mountains.
And lastly................. I just don't feel like taking care of two stupid animals.
HAHA One with four legs, and the other on two! :lol:
If God is your co-pilot, you need to switch seats!

heimeken

Post by heimeken »

I'm shooting to join you all for dinner on Saturday, on my way to Phoenix/LA. Unfortunately I can't camp out this year... sad.
'85 Grand Wagoneer "Caterpillar" :fsj:
'79 Cherokee Chop Top "Nom"
'78 J15 (3/4 ton J10) "Imoteb"

Topic author
rstep

Post by rstep »

Heimeken That would be great.
1977 Cherokee Sold
I Don't own One
Stuff I Make.
http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5620

fxtechphx

Post by fxtechphx »

I plan to be there tomorrow afternoon. Cant wait.
Tomorrow we may face destiny, we may fight and die and fall to the fires of perdition, but tonight is ours, and we drink and make merry.

will e

Post by will e »

It was probably one of the nicest weather days we've had for TITD. A bit of rain Friday night, more of a 'sprinkle' for an hour or so. It was after we had all gone to bed for the night. The lightning was nice and never got too close. The mornings were not too cold and the afternoons were mild. A few rain fronts came during the day but they were mild and short lived. Sunny and cloudy sprinkled through the day.

Almost perfect. And more than anyone could hope for.

For some reason, perhaps due to the rain forecast, the river bottom where we camp was a lot less busy than some years. We had plenty of time to enjoy the quiet and the occasional coyote pack howling.

Dinner included less variety than some of the previous years due to the smaller group and a propensity to bring pies but it was super tasty and the Turkey, stuffing and gravy were all warm and delicious. And there was plenty of pie for breakfast the next morning!

I had a super great time hanging out with the FSJ gang. All familiar faces including Daniel from SC! He had last attended around 2017 and decided to join us again. Thanks Daniel for making the trip!

Thanks to everyone for making it a nice time. You all are a great group of folks to hang out with.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

fxtechphx

Post by fxtechphx »

You couldn't have said it better
Tomorrow we may face destiny, we may fight and die and fall to the fires of perdition, but tonight is ours, and we drink and make merry.