83 Chief headlight adjustment springs

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Illfixit

83 Chief headlight adjustment springs

Post by Illfixit »

So sorry if this has been beat to death on here but I can't figure out how to search, where the heck do the springs hook in too from the bucket to the sealed bulb metal frame ( bucket), am I supposed to take the bucket off the headlight to install the spring, is there a tab on the inside of it?? There is a hole in the bucket that attaches to the grill frame!!! Please help I need this back together
Also I can't figure out how to attach my 2.7 mb photos

Yeller

Re: 83 Chief headlight adjustment springs

Post by Yeller »

I’m not much help on the headlight issue. But can help with the photos

Couple of options resize your pics to 768kb or less and up load direct from a phone or pc. I either email them to myself and adjust the size when I do or take screen shots and resize those. The other option is to use tapatalk app on your phone, this is my least favorite option, turns every forum into a book of faces page and I absolutely cannot stand that format.
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21395

1974 Bronco “Broncno”
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threa ... st-3411909

Topic author
Illfixit

Re: 83 Chief headlight adjustment springs

Post by Illfixit »

OMG i h8 to admit this but I sure am a good source for a good laugh now and again!!! I just spent 20 minutes looking through both your build links looking for the darn light spring info then took the time to READ you post lmao !!! K I'll probably figure it out, but i see on the s-10's and square bodies the spring just hooks onto the mounting screw tabs for the actual beam bucket!!?? Mahaps that's how the wagoneers work also!? Also sorry for the multiple posts, my garbage phone said " error, site can't be reached " all the while posting my post all along, maybe a moderator could please help me out and delete those extra ones