What does this vacuum bulb and lines go too ?

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Srdayflyer

Re: What does this vacuum bulb and lines go too ?

Post by Srdayflyer »

those lines are hard lines coming from the fuel tank vent lines coming off the fuel tank vent /roll over check valves and go to i assume you are missing the carbon filter evap. canister that is suppose to be mounted on the pax side fender.

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Fuel tank has no vent lines. I dropped my tank. All it has is the filler. The filler vent. And then the return line for the carb. And of course main gas line. Thats it. No vents for charcoal canister.

I dont think this 76 ever came with a canister. Even the carb has no vent for the bowel.

I found out the netal lines are for something in the dash. I found the vacuun hoses dangling next to the metal lines.. rhey go into the firewall near rhe intrument cluster.. i think its for the 1339 quadra trac.. emergency mode
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

If anyone is wondering.. here are pics of behind the 360 and th400/1339.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

will e wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:34 am RTFM? I miss that from my old IT days.

Cool congrats.. i saw that already when i read the manual.. but it didnt explain the 3rd metal line and i didnt feel like digging into 30 subsections and 10,0000 pages to find it. It goes to the th400 vacuum shift assist module or something

Elitist fuckfaces. This is why i stopped coming to this forum for a few years.

Dont like me asking ? DPIMFT = dont post in my BEEPING thread. Add that to your acronym book dipshit

will e

Post by will e »

candymancan wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:34 pm
will e wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:34 am RTFM? I miss that from my old IT days.

Cool congrats.. i saw that already when i read the manual.. but it didnt explain the 3rd metal line and i didnt feel like digging into 30 subsections and 10,0000 pages to find it. It goes to the th400 vacuum shift assist module or something

Elitist fuckfaces. This is why i stopped coming to this forum for a few years.

Dont like me asking ? DPIMFT = dont post in my BEEPING thread. Add that to your acronym book dipshit
Seems kind of harsh response. Having a bad day, week or year? "Elitist"? Are you kidding me. I've posted many many many times helping folks on some of the most basic knowledge.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

tgreese

Post by tgreese »

Will is commenting on what I wrote in the previous post. More careful reading of the replies to your questions will help you.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

will e

Post by will e »

tgreese wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:50 pm Will is commenting on what I wrote in the previous post. More careful reading of the replies to your questions will help you.
Right. I thought it was funny and it reminded me of my early days in IT. RTFM was one of my co-workers favorite expressions. It never elicited that type of response.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

will e

Post by will e »

will e wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:48 pm If it is the GM TH400 there will be a vacuum controlled modulator.
candymancan wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:34 pm
It goes to the th400 vacuum shift assist module or something

So, my guess is correct? You're welcome.

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

will e wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 2:24 pm
tgreese wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:50 pm Will is commenting on what I wrote in the previous post. More careful reading of the replies to your questions will help you.
Right. I thought it was funny and it reminded me of my early days in IT. RTFM was one of my co-workers favorite expressions. It never elicited that type of response.

My response is a combo of 4 people on jere attacking me.. and others on the amc forum telling me to drive ny Jeep into a river because its bed needs rebuilt and the floorboards in the cabin.

Its pissing me off.. frankly its my Jeep and everyone can fck iff if you think its a POS or you have other problems with my decisions or what i own. I never critique others peoples junk on here.. and id appritiate if i get the same respect. Nore do i tell people to RTFM.. if i know the answer ill say it. Not be a dipshit and point at a book. KAPEESH ?

Its just a build up of frustration from a few people understand ?

will e

Post by will e »

No, frankly, I don't understand. You jumped all over me and called me names. You're the one coming across as a jerk right now. Show me even once in this forum where I 'attacked' you or called your ride a POS. You can't. Even my response to your tirade was polite.
I really don't care what you own or decide to take on. If someone asks "Hey, is this rig worth it" I will often provide constructive input otherwise I keep my thoughts to myself.
And yes, at some point, when there are dozens of opinions on 'what does this go to or what is this wire for' you have to dig into your individual rig and figure it out. Or go read the TSM.
Tgreese took the time to find the picture, copy it and post it up. So, he tosses in a 'RTFM' and you get cranky? YOU SHOULD HAVE THANKED HIM. It saved you looking through '10,000 pages and 30 subsections' for goodness sake. You should have laughed it off because it was funny.

OldFarmTruck22

Post by OldFarmTruck22 »

candymancan,
I can help you out here. The steel lines at the firewall are for your Quadratrac transfer case vacuum shift pod mounted to the transfer case. There is another steel line that is for the Turbo400 shift module on the side of the transmission. It's very important that you identify the two steel lines that trace down to the transfer case first. They will end near to the transfer case, then continue as rubber vacuum lines to the transfer case shift pod. There is an 'INPUT' and an 'OUPUT nipple on the transfer case vacuum pod. Up in the glove box there is a transfer case control dial. There is an 'Engaged' and 'Disengaged position on that dial. Your 2 steel lines for the transfer case need to sprayed out with carb cleaner or parts cleaner then blowed out with high pressure air. They look like they are probably packed with shi%. Then you get new vacuum line from the top of each of those steel lines and run them through a grommet in the firewall to inside the cab up into the back of the glove box. Those two rubber lines go to the OUTER two nipples on the glove box controller. Very important that you figure out which one is ENGAGE on the dial switch and which one is DISENGAGE. The illustration posted shows you on the transfer case pod which is which down there, so you have to match those two to the back of the dial nipples. The MIDDLE nipple on the glove box dial goes to MANIFOLD VACUUM. Now that can come from the ball mounted on the firewall (and that's how the factory did it), but you had better make sure that ball is still able to hold vacuum. So manifold vacuum goes into the BALL, then a rubber line from the ball into the back of the glove box and onto the MIDDLE nipple of the transfer case dial control.
OK? Any questions just ask.

Oh, your transmission steel line needs to be cleaned out too. Then use a short piece of new rubber vacuum hose from the end of the steel trans line to the vacuum modulator on the passenger side of the transmission. Then up top of trans steel line you run a rubber line to MANIFOLD vacuum on the engine.

Make sure you use THICK walled vacuum line for both the transfer case rubber and the transmission rubber pieces.

Those 3 small steel lines have nothing to do with fuel, nothing.
78 FSJ AMC 360 Quadratrac