3D Printed Parts?

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
bcudda

3D Printed Parts?

Post by bcudda »

Thought maybe a thread of all the 3d printed parts being made/used on these jeeps. I am working on a spacer for the MTS poly tank and the old top brackets. I'll post it here after I work the kinks out.

Here is my 1st Draft printed on a Prusa Mini in PLA.
The forum wont let a gcode upload so I changed the file from xxy.gcode to xxy.pdf. If anyone wants it just change it back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sierrablue

Re: 3D Printed Parts?

Post by sierrablue »

I haven't come up with any drafts yet, and I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment, but hopefully I'll be getting to work on new Kaiser-style armrests. Also I'd like to start printing new taillight lenses for the '63-'83 Wagoneers.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-B350 (HEI, iron 4-barrel, Edelbrock 1406), TH400, D20
-'74 D44 front (nonpower discs)
-custom headliner
-Front shoulder belts (rears eventually)

viewtopic.php?t=23070

There are 2 major differences between new Wranglers and FSJs. FSJs are meant to be both utilitarian and capable, not just capable. FSJs are also rarely initially recognized as Jeeps by the average American.

Topic author
bcudda

Post by bcudda »

That sounds great! Some parts are so hard to find and old plastic is not my favorite thing. It looks like I will only need to add a spacer to the inner (passenger side tank buffer/bracket.
I will need to make a few other parts for the tank to sit and plumb the way I think it needs to go.

Here is a link to my shared Google Folder with the files in the hope they can help someone else.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

If I can get my scanner working I was thinking about copying the Chief Emblems while they are off.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

@SJohn 3D prints a bunch of parts--speaker grilles are the big one. You can check those out in the vendors section.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070

There are 2 major differences between new Wranglers and FSJs. FSJs are meant to be both utilitarian and capable, not just capable. FSJs are also rarely initially recognized as Jeeps by the average American.

Topic author
bcudda

Post by bcudda »

oh wow i hadn't seen that I don't want to step on any toes. I just hate when stuff is not available or old and crappy.

sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

bcudda wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:07 pm oh wow i hadn't seen that I don't want to step on any toes. I just hate when stuff is not available or old and crappy.
I don't think you're stepping on any toes just yet--and even if you were, probably not the end of the world.

Here's the page: https://www.johnsonproductionjp.com/
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070

SJohn
Vendor

Post by SJohn »

sierrablue wrote:@SJohn 3D prints a bunch of parts--speaker grilles are the big one. You can check those out in the vendors section.
Thanks for the shout out! I 3d print prototypes and some of my metal forms but the final plastic products are professionally injection molded.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Owner/Operator/Chief Engineer of Johnson Production FSJ Parts
https://www.johnsonproductionjp.com/

1986 J20 LS Swap
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewto ... 12&t=17875

1981 Cherokee Chief - Rustard - 2JZ swap
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewto ... 12&t=22981

sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

SJohn wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:37 pm
sierrablue wrote:@SJohn 3D prints a bunch of parts--speaker grilles are the big one. You can check those out in the vendors section.
Thanks for the shout out! I 3d print prototypes and some of my metal forms but the final plastic products are professionally injection molded.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
Hey no problem. Why let make people make more work for themselves right? :-bd And if it helps somebody making FSJ parts that are otherwise impossible, what's the downside? ;)
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070