FSJ's in the media? Officially unofficial!?!

Area for General FSJ related chat.

devildog80

Re: FSJ's in the media? Officially unofficial!?!

Post by devildog80 »

Saw a preview for "The Goldbergs" over the weekend, teenage son taking his drivers training in a 80ish GW, and crashes into another car when he went through a stop sign intersection.
'81 CJ5 Base, 258 I6, MC2100, T176 4 spd, 300 TC, D30 Front NT, 3.31, 2-Piece AMC 20 rear NT, 3.31, 4" high arc spring lift
'84 Grand Wagoneer, 401 V8 (.030 over), MC2150 HA Comp, 727 auto, Selec-trac NP229, AMC 20 REAR - D44 FRONT - WT 3.31, 4" high arc spring lift
Rather be driving, than waiting to be modified

Moparmikeo

Post by Moparmikeo »

Local (SW PA) health system is using a Wagoneer in their Facebook ad. The organization is AHN, or Allegheny Health Network. It shows just enough of the Wagoneer for someone familiar with them to recognize. Funny thing is the gal in the waggy is way younger than the Jeep. Don't know how link a Facebook ad here.
82 Wagoneer Limited, A/K/A "Roscoe"

Was: brown metallic/Nutmeg

Now: Turd brown house paint/Nutmeg

weeegoneeer

Post by weeegoneeer »

Visited the Anchorage Museum last week and they had a whole section on building the Alaskan Railroad. Check the hy-rail in this photo!

1984 GW

devildog80

Post by devildog80 »

Watched Goulies (80's horror flic) on Svengoolie last night, and they had a 2 dr Cherokee they drove when escaped from the mansion.
'81 CJ5 Base, 258 I6, MC2100, T176 4 spd, 300 TC, D30 Front NT, 3.31, 2-Piece AMC 20 rear NT, 3.31, 4" high arc spring lift
'84 Grand Wagoneer, 401 V8 (.030 over), MC2150 HA Comp, 727 auto, Selec-trac NP229, AMC 20 REAR - D44 FRONT - WT 3.31, 4" high arc spring lift
Rather be driving, than waiting to be modified

ghcoe

Post by ghcoe »

Not sure it this has been posted before. https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusi ... ddbc&ei=51
Prototype.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SW Idaho Overlanding Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SWIdahoOverlan ... page_panel
SW Idaho Overlanding Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYuRx2 ... wVwZJ5oztg
1977 Jeep Cherokee WT
All-Terrain T/A® KO2
Safari Kit
Factory Brush Guard
Factory Tire Carrier
Custom Roof Rack

Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

i saw this article about this jeep, again amc was way ahead of the power curve on this club cab pickup before they were popular, same goes for the amc eagle line of not yet coined SUV although they mentioned that in early jeep wagoneer ad's

ghcoe

Post by ghcoe »

Srdayflyer wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:22 pm i saw this article about this jeep, again amc was way ahead of the power curve on this club cab pickup before they were popular, same goes for the amc eagle line of not yet coined SUV although they mentioned that in early jeep wagoneer ad's
Looks like they used a Cherokee 2dr for the cab. You can see the lines of the Cherokee and then they used the rear vent window of the Cherokee for the rear window. Pretty cool anyway.
SW Idaho Overlanding Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SWIdahoOverlan ... page_panel
SW Idaho Overlanding Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYuRx2 ... wVwZJ5oztg
1977 Jeep Cherokee WT
All-Terrain T/A® KO2
Safari Kit
Factory Brush Guard
Factory Tire Carrier
Custom Roof Rack

Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

yea, the article i read said that the engineer behind this proto type was not able to sell the concept to management this was a 1 off and was supposed to be crushed and scrapped, as the story goes he bought it for a dollar and its been in the family since, it is a very cool rig, i saw a posting of a waggy here that is a panel side, with swing open rear doors, dont recall what year but it is gonna be restored, it i'll be a rare one too

Srdayflyer

Post by Srdayflyer »

yea, the article i read said that the engineer behind this proto type was not able to sell the concept to management this was a 1 off and was supposed to be crushed and scrapped, as the story goes he bought it for a dollar and its been in the family since, it is a very cool rig, i saw a posting of a waggy here that is a panel side, with swing open rear doors, dont recall what year but it is gonna be restored, it i'll be a rare one too

yz400e

Post by yz400e »

MotorTrend TV, has a show called "Road Worthy Rescues" with Derek Bieri(from VGG) in the latest episode they 'revive' a 1972 J2000 and take it off-road. When they swapped out the intake manifold, I didn't see a valley pan gasket. I thought that a valley pan gasket was a must ?

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

yz400e wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:14 am MotorTrend TV, has a show called "Road Worthy Rescues" with Derek Bieri(from VGG) in the latest episode they 'revive' a 1972 J2000 and take it off-road. When they swapped out the intake manifold, I didn't see a valley pan gasket. I thought that a valley pan gasket was a must ?
I noticed that too. Could be they reshot that scene for some reason. He did just lift the intake off without having to use something to pry it off.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

yz400e

Post by yz400e »

It was still a pretty cool episode despite the bogus manifold installation, It would be nice to find a FSJ boneyard like that with prices like that.

Theodore

Post by Theodore »

Motortrend Buyer’s Guide to Old Jeep Trucks

Saw this come thru on MotorTrend newsletter this morning. Article goes into models, trim levels, engine options, etc.

Old Jeep Trucks Buyer's Guide: History, Generations, Specifications, and FAQs
1990 Grand Wagoneer - "Theodore" - AMC 360, fuel-injected, TF727, NP229 - Sand Metallic - restoring to stock - Build Thread

tgreese

Post by tgreese »

Theodore wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:45 am Motortrend Buyer’s Guide to Old Jeep Trucks

Saw this come thru on MotorTrend newsletter this morning. Article goes into models, trim levels, engine options, etc.

Old Jeep Trucks Buyer's Guide: History, Generations, Specifications, and FAQs

Nice to see our J-trucks getting some media attention. Admirable that the author tries to cover three decades and two changes of company ownership in a few pages. I did not carefully pick the article apart; however, I'd suggest you don't take the article as gospel regarding facts and figures - written more as entertainment than as a precise reference. Some of the coverage seems a bit muddled, if not outright mistaken. The drive train database at IFSJA is more accurate than what's presented in the article. I'd also ask online here or at IFSJA regarding any substantive technical questions.

IFSJA database: https://www.ifsja.org/tech/figures/index.html
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

Theodore

Post by Theodore »

Just noticed a razor grill Wagoneer in the background on the latest episode of Roadworthy Rescues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL4W4rpOvGU
1990 Grand Wagoneer - "Theodore" - AMC 360, fuel-injected, TF727, NP229 - Sand Metallic - restoring to stock - Build Thread

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

1993, April, Walker Texas Ranger S1E1-2, the bad guys drive a JEEP J10 (Pioneer Package?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Escape from the Planet of the Apes (1971) shows a JEEP Wagoneer.

Yeller

Post by Yeller »

^^^^^^ seirrablue is gunna be jealous 😂
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21395

1974 Bronco “Broncno”
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threa ... st-3411909

sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

Lol, why's that? I already have basically that one but with a few modern updates...;)

Very cool
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-B350 (HEI, iron 4-barrel, Edelbrock 1406), TH400, D20
-'74 D44 front (nonpower discs)
-custom headliner
-Front shoulder belts (rears eventually)

viewtopic.php?t=23070

There are 2 major differences between new Wranglers and FSJs. FSJs are meant to be both utilitarian and capable, not just capable. FSJs are also rarely initially recognized as Jeeps by the average American.

Topic author
66stepside

Post by 66stepside »

Iron Resurrection, S 7:E3 an FC shows up in the background while the incoming customers talk about picking up their unrelated build.