Post the stories of how you purchased your FSJ/s

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
candymancan

Re: Post the stories of how you purchased your FSJ/s

Post by candymancan »

This might be an odd story but if were getting on touchy subjects.

Like maybe 3-4 years ago in the salvage yard. I found a Red 88 or 89 ? Gw. In great shape.. odd as hell why it was in the salvage yard. It had tons of parking tickets on it though and i guess it just got yanked by the state. Sad actually.

Inside ny GF and I found a thick stack of letters. Pictures and stuff. And they were all in spanish. I cant read it so i had a yard guy read them. The pictures were of a early 40s man fron south america. Posing in a suit with his Brand New 88 Grand Wagoneer. Original owner. His letters were him talking to him mom and family. Back and forth about how he made it and misses them and so forth.

I decided to keep them all and i mailed then to the laat address on it. Turns out the man died in his 70s in his sleep and the Wagoneer was his pride and Joy that he bought new. And no one claimed it so the state of Va wanting its parking ticket money sold it to the junkers.

Makes me wonder.. Im nearing 40 now. I guess itll happen to me too. Someone will get my 90 GW and Ill be dead someday

Damn shame.. I didnt want to pull parts on it.. But i did get the 229 transfercase. As a backup for mine
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)