Checking In

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
Harry Dawg

Checking In

Post by Harry Dawg »

Afternoon Fellas.

I have been MIA for a couple weeks due to a car accident. Very stressful, and lots pacing and worrying as I navigated the repair and eventual sale of my beloved Blue Bandit.

It was a single car collision and there were no injuries, but the truck ended up being totaled. Locked the brakes up and hit a concrete construction barrier :(.

The frame was bent, and fuel was coming out of the exhaust. I figured it dropped a valve, or an injector was stuck open, but the amount of damage was too extreme to repair in my opinion.

Sold on FB marketplace for $850. Guy said he was going to try and repair it.

Here are some pictures of her in her prime.

The first was taken in the Cumberland Gap area of East Tennessee.

Second was on the Cherohala Skyway near Tellico Plains.

I did get the glass put in my J3000, as I was going to drive it for a while until I found a new ride.

A 1990 Cheyenne came up for sale, and I picked it up for $3,000.

She needs a paint job, but it's a diamond in the rough.

PO put a brand new 5.7 long block in it. Bored 20 over, BTR Torque Cam, roller lifters, machine work done on heads and block, 600 CFM Holley.

Trans is a 5 speed Muncie 282.

Going to be going for a factory look on this build. Cool little truck, and I think it would look best if put back to factory finish.

Only thing I might change is the wheels. I think some IROC saw blades would be fitting.

Anyways. Hope everyone has been doing good. Looking forward to getting back into the land of FSJ's once all my Chevy woes are solved.ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

1968 J3500 - 1985 CJ7 - 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Liter Limited - 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited
Rhino USA Brand Success Manager
South East Offroad Activist

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Checking In

Post by Stuka »

Glad you are ok. Always sucks to lose a vehicle you love.

J-Truck is looking good!
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

Glad you made it out ok. Plus side, you got a nice replacement truck, and the J truck is looking awesome!
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-B350 (HEI, iron 4-barrel, Edelbrock 1406), TH400, D20
-'74 D44 front (nonpower discs)
-custom headliner
-Front shoulder belts (rears eventually)

viewtopic.php?t=23070

There are 2 major differences between new Wranglers and FSJs. FSJs are meant to be both utilitarian and capable, not just capable. FSJs are also rarely initially recognized as Jeeps by the average American.

Yeller

Post by Yeller »

Glad to hear you’re ok, loss of the truck does suck. Interested to see how the replacement comes along.
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21395

1974 Bronco “Broncno”
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threa ... st-3411909

Kowpie

Post by Kowpie »

Sorry to hear about your loss and good that you are good. Sucks to lose a beloved rig that way. The J truck sure looks tough! Nicely done. Gosh, I would buy that truck that you did in a heartbeat. What an excellent blank canvas. I'll bet parts will be easier to find and cheaper than that ol' Kaiser rig ;)
'65 Wagoneer, 230 OHC, IFS, Column Shift T90/D20
'73 J4000, 6000#, 258, T18/D20, 33", full disc.
'79 CJ7, 304, T18/D20, 35", 4.56, SOA, shackle reversal.

Topic author
Harry Dawg

Post by Harry Dawg »

Afternoon Y'all.

Hope everyone has been doing well, and had a great 4th of July!

Haven't been working on the J-truck as much as I would like, but I did get to take it on its maiden voyage the other day! She rides like a sprung wagon and desperately needs a brake booster, but it's finally back on the road after all these years!
https://youtu.be/J110RetOZs4

The Cheyenne has been taking up most of my time, but she has been coming together nicely. Got a coat of paint on her this weekend.
The Heartbeat is strong with this one.Image

For all of y'all that are going to the FSJ Invasion, I will be with you in spirit. Have a great time, and try not to break anything!

Leaving for a spear fishing excursion in Rio Mar, Panama on Thursday and won't be back until the 23rd. Maybe next year I will finally get to cross this trip off the list.

Everyone have a great week! Image

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

1968 J3500 - 1985 CJ7 - 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Liter Limited - 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited
Rhino USA Brand Success Manager
South East Offroad Activist