Dumpster Find

This is a place to share about tools and workspaces

Topic author
Harry Dawg

Dumpster Find

Post by Harry Dawg »

Was taking out the trash a few weeks ago and found this little gem in the dumpster behind our shop.

As best I can figure, the compression fitting had rattled loose and the plumbing assembly connecting the motor to the tank was no longer a closed system. All the air was just blowing out like crazy.

Went down to the ACE hardware and got a $3 NPT pipe plug and it works like a champ.

I guess it's some kind of compressor for trim work and roofing? Don't know what the design advantages are, but the dual tanks were cool.

I ended up giving it to my buddy since I've already got a 20 gallon Campbell Hausfield. Image

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

1968 J3500 - 1985 CJ7 - 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Liter Limited - 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited
Rhino USA Brand Success Manager
South East Offroad Activist

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Dumpster Find

Post by Stuka »

Wow, nice find!
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Yeller

Post by Yeller »

Nice find! I have that same compressor in a different name in the house garage, been serving faithfully for nearly 20 years, what little use it get anyway
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21395

1974 Bronco “Broncno”
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threa ... st-3411909

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

Yeah, for construction work. Not a lot of capacity so they are constantly turning on and off when running a few nail guns. But great if you only need it for filling tires and such.

But I'd take one for free too.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

threepiece

Post by threepiece »

Items like this compressor and much more can be found at the metal scrap yard. For those wanting machinery, tools, building materials antiques and such I suggest a visit. One may think that things in a scrap yard are beyond useful however this is not at all true, especially if you don’t mind a bit of cleaning or something as simple as replacing a power cord. Check for access before you go, many yards do not allow scavenging.
I used to name my FSJ’s after their previous owners, I realized I had too many with five named Rick.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.