Susan pulling the trailer for the first time

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
Renodemona

Susan pulling the trailer for the first time

Post by Renodemona »

Just a test run real quick to verify the brake controller was working as intended (it was!) and wife got a quick video. Enjoy!
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Susan pulling the trailer for the first time

Post by Stuka »

Nice!

How are you liking it so far?

Also, I embeded the video for you. Just take the share code at the end and put it in youtube tags.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

will e

Post by will e »

Sweet! How much does the trailer weight all loaded up?
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

We love the trailer, it has everything we need, nothing too fancy. Its 1900lbs dry, all loaded up maybe 3000lbs....maybe. Gross is 4400 and I have no idea what you have to load it with to get it that heavy. Its the same gross as the "fancy" version with a lot more electronics and crap so I suspect the basic version just has more weight for storage. We don't have a fridge, just a cooler but there is a connector for one in the future.

Regeared to 3.92 for more friendly towing and off road, seems a lot happier there in general too.

MDC USA is the one who makes the trailer, its Australian built and assembled here in the States. We went down to LA to pick it up, they are expanding to a new facility. If you're in the market for a 4x4 friendly trailer definitely check them out. I think, dollar for dollar, you get a lot more than say Patriot or Turtleback, and its a Queen size bed with real mattress.
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'