AMC Valve Cover Emblems/Stickers?

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Fast79Chief

AMC Valve Cover Emblems/Stickers?

Post by Fast79Chief »

Hey folks,
looking for a couple high quality emblems or stickers that would stand up to under hood valve cover temperatures and stay stuck.
Looking for an oval sticker that would say 'AMC 360' or '360' in the AMC colors if possible.
Need a 2" high by 3 1/4" wide oval emblem to fill the space. Picture of valve cover below.

Anyone know of a source or company that might be making these?
Thanks for any info you might have.
Fast
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mLQhVG]Image
1979 Cherokee Chief S, V8, MSD Pro Billet Distributor with New Factory Ignition Box (are these 2 even supposed to work together?), HEI Wires, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer manifold, 3.54 gears, Tru-Trac Locker in the rear, Turbo 400, New Quadratrac, Dual gas tanks, new 32 x 11.50's, Big 9000 winch, Homemade 2.5" full length exhaust, Custom Headlight Harness, Custom front bumper working, Custom Rear Swing-out Bumper, Class V receiver hitch ... and a lot of work to do yet. :)

ArchitectJS

Re: AMC Valve Cover Emblems/Stickers?

Post by ArchitectJS »

May not be the answer youre looking for but there are companies (i see them on instagram) making custom metal emblems. Others are making embossed metal peel and sticks. Its an idea if you dont find what youre looking for
1982 Cherokee, base (Bumppo)
AMC 258 / A727 - AMC 20 / NP208
Holley Sniper with Hyperspark
3" Rough County Lift

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Post by Fast79Chief »

Thanks Architect,
I looked at a few companies that do this, they want a minimum of a 1000 piece order.
I'm thinking there's something out there already in print that I haven't found yet.
Thanks for the idea.
Fast
1979 Cherokee Chief S, V8, MSD Pro Billet Distributor with New Factory Ignition Box (are these 2 even supposed to work together?), HEI Wires, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer manifold, 3.54 gears, Tru-Trac Locker in the rear, Turbo 400, New Quadratrac, Dual gas tanks, new 32 x 11.50's, Big 9000 winch, Homemade 2.5" full length exhaust, Custom Headlight Harness, Custom front bumper working, Custom Rear Swing-out Bumper, Class V receiver hitch ... and a lot of work to do yet. :)

Horsman

Post by Horsman »

Nice looking valve covers, can you share where you purchased them?

Do you know if they will clear Harland Sharp roller rockers?

Thanks in advance!
Jeff Horsman
1979 Jeep Wagoneer
1971 Cutlass SX455

Topic author
Fast79Chief

Post by Fast79Chief »

Horseman,
Thanks.
They are definitely higher than stock, I will have to take a measurement of just how high.
I got them from Summit or Jegs some time ago. Don't know if they still sell them.

You will need to take an internal height measurement at full travel of the new rockers vs. the stock rocker assembly/valve covers.

That's all I got.

ArchitectJS

Post by ArchitectJS »

Fast79Chief wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:52 pm Thanks Architect,
I looked at a few companies that do this, they want a minimum of a 1000 piece order.
I'm thinking there's something out there already in print that I haven't found yet.
Thanks for the idea.
Fast
yourcustomemblem dot com will do 1 for $100 or 2 for $150
yes this is expensive but its not 1000. If it a piece that adds the finishing touch, maybe its worth it.

I plan to do this to emblazon my Cherk with it's "name"
1982 Cherokee, base (Bumppo)
AMC 258 / A727 - AMC 20 / NP208
Holley Sniper with Hyperspark
3" Rough County Lift