Picture of my Jeep with New Bronco on the trail

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

We were just hanging out when a new Bronco came rolling along on the trail. They just picked it up a few days ago. Nice folks. It's my first up close look in person. I like it. And I like the color this one is too.

81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Yeller

Re: Picture of my Jeep with New Bronco on the trail

Post by Yeller »

I was at the 1st public reveal for the bronco and been to several since. Its an impressive vehicle, if Ford can ever figure out their production issues and get it in peoples hands it will be awesome. Their release has been a train wreck, really disgruntled a lot of enthusiasts. Definitely a cool pic :D
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21395

1974 Bronco “Broncno”
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threa ... st-3411909

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Yeah, this one had the 'second generation' hard top and it is already going to crap. The guy pointed out several issues and flaws with the hard top.

They'll get it figured out. First model years always have problems but the top issues seem preventable.

If I was in the market for a Wrangler I would take a good look at the Bronco. Not this year, but once the prices come down and the quality goes up. But I already have an SUV for the trail and a Colorado ZR2 for daily driving and taking the wife out on easier trails. I like the small bed pickup trucks and don't see myself trading it for a new SUV any time soon.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Yeller

Post by Yeller »

yes the top has created massive delays and the ones that have been released are being recalled. The biggest thing is they blew off the people that did their reservation and early order process, those people got screwed. most of them are getting 22's and some are being told 23..... If you follow it its like watching a train wreck, don't want to but can't stop LOL.

I have no intention of buying one. In 5 years when we might consider replacing my wifes FJ cruiser, until then I'll just keep watching the wreck. It has been cool to be around some of the hoopla at bronco centered events, really got to see some innovative stuff.
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21395

1974 Bronco “Broncno”
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threa ... st-3411909

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Yeah, my wife has a coworker that ordered one soon as our local dealer had orders available. He currently has no ETA on when it will come in, but he just had to redo the order for the next model year.

When the Bronco was announced I was really interested, and would possibly trade my Wrangler for one if it was really that much better (I prefer Ford to Stellantis). But it really isn't. The street driving is better with the IFS, less shutter over bumps and such. But I don't mind the street manners on my JKU, my biggest annoyance is wind noise and fuel economy. And the Bronco's wind noise is nearly the same, and its economy isn't any better per owners. I think its weight has something to do with that, which is something else I dislike about it. A stock 4dr sasquatch is 5320 lbs. My JKU (optioned up Rubicon) with armor is 4,800 (per scales at the dump). And I am not sure where all the weight is on the Bronco. The IFS will add some weight. The engine and trans are a bit heavier.

The Bronco does have a mostly nice interior. The big screen is awesome, seats are good. Lockers are of course good, though the locker lights are just dummy lights, and you don't know when they actually engage. The lights just immediately turn on, they don't flash while engaging. I think disconnecting the sway bar under load is a gimmick. The last thing you want to do is greatly upset the weight distribution of a vehicle while on an obstacle. Plus, first thing anybody does when they hit the trail is disconnect the sway bar. You don't wait until you are on an obstacle. The other gimmick is the turn assist. We already have issues with threats of trails being closed because they are being torn up. And now there is a features that is basically designed to do just that.

Anyway, I like the Bronco. And competition in this market segment is great. Its already made Jeep offer a package with factory 35's. We will see what the interior update looks like next year.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

The folks driving the Bronco had gone to a driving class for new Bronco owners. They did the turning assist thing in the one of the class Bronco.
So we talked a bit about it and I told them my thoughts is there isn't many times the turning assist will make the difference. I also told them I thought it might be a good way to pop a tire if you catch a sharp enough rock. Let the tire roll, that's what it is supposed to do.

And I hadn't thought about it tearing up the trail more. But that's exactly what it will do.

letank

Post by letank »

will e wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:14 pm And I hadn't thought about it tearing up the trail more. But that's exactly what it will do.
Trails turns are already torn -washboard central- beyond reason... between the wanabee and the people keeping the tire pressure at 35psi at sea level... which becomes 45psi with a hot tire... even the forest service trucks tires are nice and round at the 5500'

As for Ford reliability, it seems to be for all the manufacturers, the chevy people are having major lifter failures due to poor machining, subaru had bad valve springs, sorry but how can you mess up a valve spring? Engine has to be removed and worked on at the dealership.

Between fix it again tony and fix or repair daily... not good... Even Honda has issues with its turbo 4 cylinders... Seems like we are keeping our old junkers for a while. Electric... same stories for the Bolt batteries BBQing your garage, or batteries failing at an accelerated rate for the early Leaf... Not too sure if some Teslas had similar issues ...

Thank you for posting the pict, your rig is the best... most of my friends send me pict of FSJs seen on the streets!
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

I like the old school red International Scout II better. Nice catch! :-bd
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

Honestly, I like the new (real) Broncos. The sports are a nice improvement over the Escape, though. I've not followed a new vehicle release this close since the Vipers.

Early on, the Stellantis flop turned my stomach.

The new Blazers are crossovers. They even ruined the Trailblazer. It's a sign of the times. Soccer mom mobiles and crossover mall crawlers... It's what everyone (except a select few) are buying.

The rest in my area buy massive crew cab trucks and lift them to look pretty in parking lots with their 'slut li-', I mean, 'salt life' stickers or get ruined with the Carolina squat and behind the wheel LED rings. :roll:

I like what Ford did with homage to old tech while incorporating new tech. I love their bare bones entry level option that can be upgraded with just the off road package for serious wheelers. Really nice touch. Also like how their driver screen actually looks like an instrument cluster.

The massive screens are a turn off for me, especially, since I am prone to ocular migraines triggered when bright light hits my eyes at a side angle. Most every device I use has a form of dark mode turned on to mitigate this. Plus, a simple button is much quicker to use for basic stuff like turning on vents/headlights/wipers than trying to navigate through menus on a tablet. (Here's looking at you, Tesla).
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

Moosehead

Post by Moosehead »

Great pic will e, your Cherokee is sharp!

Now that I’ve seen a few of the full size Broncos in decent OR kits, they are growing on me. First sightings of the Sport were disappointing as they are undersized and targeted more towards a Compass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
‘78 Wagoneer
401 with street cam, heads, headers, Holley Sniper EFI, rear discs, Alcan springs, Trucklite LED headlights