JP Magazine DEAD

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
pyro

JP Magazine DEAD

Post by pyro »

Well this sucks! Got notice in the mail that they are no longer gonna be printing it. Looked online and I guess I missed the article back in December. It was the last print magazine I still got. :banghead:
'81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
'82 Cherokee 258/TF904
'84 CJ-8 258/T176

Florida FSJ's Click Here!!!

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: JP Magazine DEAD

Post by Stuka »

Yeah, a whole bunch of Magazines produced by Ten networks got slashes because sadly, they were losing money on them. Some will still be getting content in an online format, with articles coming up daily and such. But some are just being shut down.

A few people like David Freiburger had talked about the reasoning and such (not that it was his decision). But I honestly cannot say I am surprised. With the costs of materials and shipping going up, and readership going down, it was expected to happen at some point.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Nuts! I wonder if I’ll get my subscription $$ back??

bigun

Post by bigun »

Print died a long time ago

tedlovesjeeps71

My wife got me a subscription for Christmas the last few years. I swear it seems like I’d only get 4-6 issues a year. I have know print magazines were dying for a long time but it was still fun to flip through them. My wife and I both read actual books for entertainment which seems to also be a dying, though slower, pastime. *sigh* I wonder how long before a kid will have as much difficulty recognizing a book or magazine as they do a pager or a VCR.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:35 pm Nuts! I wonder if I’ll get my subscription $$ back??
Yes, you will be getting a refund for the remaining issues from what I have heard.
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:37 pm My wife got me a subscription for Christmas the last few years. I swear it seems like I’d only get 4-6 issues a year. I have know print magazines were dying for a long time but it was still fun to flip through them. My wife and I both read actual books for entertainment which seems to also be a dying, though slower, pastime. *sigh* I wonder how long before a kid will have as much difficulty recognizing a book or magazine as they do a pager or a VCR.
I read a lot, but I do it all digitally now, its just more convenient for me. But I still have a book case full of real books.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

bigun

Post by bigun »

Stuka wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:24 pm
I read a lot, but I do it all digitally now, its just more convenient for me. But I still have a book case full of real books.
Almost all my reading today is digital also, it's just to darn convenient, I can buy on line down load and start reading, where as if I bought a bound copy I would have to wait for the vagaries of the post office to deliver it. Fits in a pocket yet carries IIRC at this time 350 books unfortunately I also have to have three different aps. If I go to sleep there is no hunting trying to find where I stopped reading, just turn it on and boom there you are, I do have to say this is only for books I read for fun history, political, and self help are all bound because they can be more easily highlighted. Also if you search there are a lot of really old stuff that is now free!
I used to subscribe to a lot of automotive magazines simply because it was the only way you could get information today though everything is online This site and the the Mother site are or were absolute fonts of information you could find right now when you need it on the subculture vehicle known as the FSJ

tedlovesjeeps71

I’m kinda surprised they didn’t announce it more. Have some sort of funeral for it. Kinda sad. I’ve been reading it a long time.