Jeep Invasion in Sevierville, TN this weekend?

FSJ Related Events in the Eastern Time Zone

Topic author
Theodore

Jeep Invasion in Sevierville, TN this weekend?

Post by Theodore »

Am planning on pulling a camper down this weekend & bringing the Wagoneer to cruise the Strip. Been working all year to get it reliable enough to go that far & back. If you see us, give a yell.

1990 Grand Wagoneer - "Theodore" - AMC 360, fuel-injected, TF727, NP229 - Sand Metallic - restoring to stock - Build Thread

MReese Wagoneer

Re: Jeep Invasion in Sevierville, TN this weekend?

Post by MReese Wagoneer »

Whats going on in Sevierville?? I wont be there this weekend but daughter is in Knoxville , she has a JK
Mine is not yet ready !!
Parts are sitting on the bench !!
:fsj:
New 83 Wagoneer Brougham
old 99 Grand Cherokee Limited
http://www.mandgoilandlube.com

Topic author
Theodore

Post by Theodore »

Is an annual big Jeep event. We’re here now & am seeing Mostly late model 4-door wranglers, but still quite a few classic CJ’s, 90’s Cherokees, but so far not a single FSJ.

We were on target to bring our Grand Wagoneer, but only made it 3-4 miles before what I believe to be the high pressure o-ring on the power steering hose blew out & stranded my wife, as we were on our way to pick up our camper & drive separately. Fortunately, she was able to limp it into a gas station. Needless to say, game-over. I did try to find parts & had to hit 3 parts stores around town before finding a PS repair kit that included the o-ring. Torrential rains prevented it installation, so we decided to punt & call AAA for a tow home, yes, as soon as we committed to AAA, the rains stopped.

Guess there’s always next year.

Here was the result:
1990 Grand Wagoneer - "Theodore" - AMC 360, fuel-injected, TF727, NP229 - Sand Metallic - restoring to stock - Build Thread

Topic author
Theodore

Post by Theodore »

And, the culprit... A crushed o-ring.

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

MAn! Dont fret, there'll be more get-to-gethers.