1970 Wagoneer Restoration

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

BEHEMOTH

Re: 1970 Wagoneer Restoration

Post by BEHEMOTH »

I'm building a M715 out of my J3000 that has the 350 buick dauntless in it. I have been thinking about swapping in a vortec, but after all the recommendations that came in for your project I am now thinking maybe I should just do a rebuild on the Buick 350. I too have no experience rebuilding an engine, though I have done a lot of non-professional mechanic work.

What would anyone on the forum ball park the cost to have a machine park do the work as described by will e above?

Topic author
gleamingthecube

Post by gleamingthecube »

I haven't priced it myself yet as I have had quite a few unexpected financial issues of late. I would be interested to hear a ballpark number so I have something to save up for. What say you, forum?

TitaniaDieKrieger

Post by TitaniaDieKrieger »

I'm on the base. After I get my chief her legs back I may drop by and give you a hand should you need it. :fsj:
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Topic author
gleamingthecube

Thanks for the offer. I'll take any help I can get. So far this community has been very helpful. There seem to be quite a few Jeep guys here in Tucson.

TitaniaDieKrieger

gleamingthecube wrote:Thanks for the offer. I'll take any help I can get. So far this community has been very helpful. There seem to be quite a few Jeep guys here in Tucson.

No Rust :twisted:

Topic author
gleamingthecube

Not much to report lately, unfortunately. Both time and money have been in short supply here of late. I was able to manually turn the engine over so I know it isn't seized up. I also got some front inner fenders to replace the rusted ones that are on there now. It's too hot really to work on it much during the summer here in Tucson anyway. That's about it.

TitaniaDieKrieger

Did you ever get this drivable?

mwood

Post by mwood »

What do you do first?

Being a fellow Arizona guy I would say watch out for scorpions...lol

When I took my rear tailgate apart to fix the rear window I found a rattle snake rattle in there.....not sure how it got there. Guessing it was someones souvenir that got lost.