So the wife and I got a new thing

Area for post regarding Jeeps other than an FSJ. This area may contain technical post regarding those vehicles as well.

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

So the wife and I got a new thing

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

My wife and I brought something new home yesterday. Don’t worry, the Wagoneer is still in the garage, but I do t really k ow what this does for its future.

Regardless of that, I’m pretty excited to have something modern and comfortable and capable to continue exploring the West In. Excited to be able to take longer trips without worries about reliability and whatnot!
BCCBF3EF-41DA-430E-8E7A-F0799C446A9B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Chubbinius

Re: So the wife and I got a new thing

Post by Chubbinius »

That's a nice "thing"! I like silver on Jeeps, that should be fun to get out and about in.
1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
-Custom Special
-Dauntless 350 V8
-D27 front/D44 rear
2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Congrats!

Just got back from a road trip to the eastern sierras with lots of exploring. Its awesome to not have to worry about reliability or overheating, carry plenty of gear, and be able to tackle pretty much any trail I come across.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Stuka wrote:Congrats!

Just got back from a road trip to the eastern sierras with lots of exploring. Its awesome to not have to worry about reliability or overheating, carry plenty of gear, and be able to tackle pretty much any trail I come across.
Y’all take the JK?
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Congrats!
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:

Y’all take the JK?
Yup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 JKU Rubicon

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Stuka wrote:
Dr. Marneaus wrote:

Y’all take the JK?
Yup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really like that color!

Well I'm glad to know an FSJ and a 4 door wrangler can co-exist. I was worried it might anger the jeep gods or make the Wag jealous.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

This was a 2017 only color called Chief Blue, which is a throwback to mid 70's Cherokee Chiefs.

Lot of people here with Wranglers though.

We all love FSJ's, but very few of us use them as daily drivers. And really, for all intents and purposes, a 4dr Wrangler is the closest thing to an FSJ that you can buy these days. Technically they are wider, longer, and heavier than a Waggy or Cherokee. With the Grand Cherokee being closer on the luxury side of things.
2017 JKU Rubicon

letank

Post by letank »

Congratulations, enjoy the magic AC button.

As a funny note my first FSJ trips a few decades ago, no tool box on the first week of ownership to Death Valley. Then tool box was barely the size of a shoe box, and engine oil... but no coolant nor other extra supplies...
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

MadMax78

Post by MadMax78 »

Sweet ride. My daughter wants a 4 door with the diesel.
MadMax78

78 Cherokee S, Wide Track, 360, TH400, Quadra Trac, TAD's SOA, 35" BFG KM2, Edelbrock Carb & Intake, MSD Coil & Ignition