What Do 'Yuse Guys Like to Rebuild Besides FSJ's?

Area for post regarding Jeeps other than an FSJ. This area may contain technical post regarding those vehicles as well.

Topic author
Kowpie

Re: What Do 'Yuse Guys Like to Rebuild Besides FSJ's?

Post by Kowpie »

This is great! So basically, we love machines and working on them... lots of them. Thanks for sharing. I've been out for a bit and enjoyed catching up. Never in a million years would I have guessed a shear would've shown up!
'73 J4000, 6000#, 258, T18/D20, 33", full disc.
'78 Wagoneer, 401, TH400/QT, sitting in the weeds waiting for attention.
'79 CJ7, 304, T18/D20, 35", 4.56, SOA, shackle reversal.

threepiece

Post by threepiece »

Kowpie wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:52 pm This is great! So basically, we love machines and working on them... lots of them.
Yes we do! I almost always have a machine project in my shop weather it be a restoration or a built from scratch. Most of the machines in my shop we’re bought used or saved from scrap. Last year I “redid” a 3 HP, 16” Delta Radial Saw that I purchased from the scrap yard for $95. I also this year made this dump contraption for my tractor it has a swivel caster that weighs over 300 lbs. check it out: https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=50209
I used to name my FSJ’s after their previous owners, I realized I had too many with five named Rick.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

Topic author
Kowpie

Post by Kowpie »

[/quote]
Yes we do! I almost always have a machine project in my shop weather it be a restoration or a built from scratch. Most of the machines in my shop we’re bought used or saved from scrap. Last year I “redid” a 3 HP, 16” Delta Radial Saw that I purchased from the scrap yard for $95. I also this year made this dump contraption for my tractor it has a swivel caster that weighs over 300 lbs. check it out: https://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=50209
[/quote]

That caster wheel swivel device thingy is a beast! Did you ever get it hooked up? How close to Flint? That's where I was birthed.
'73 J4000, 6000#, 258, T18/D20, 33", full disc.
'78 Wagoneer, 401, TH400/QT, sitting in the weeds waiting for attention.
'79 CJ7, 304, T18/D20, 35", 4.56, SOA, shackle reversal.

threepiece

Post by threepiece »

Kowpie wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:42 pm
That caster wheel swivel device thingy is a beast! Did you ever get it hooked up? How close to Flint? That's where I was birthed.
[/quote]

No I haven't used it yet. At this point it is still an untested experiment.

I'm near Detroit.
I used to name my FSJ’s after their previous owners, I realized I had too many with five named Rick.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

carnuck

Post by carnuck »

I had a ‘66 Fairlane ST from the original owner. 3 on the tree with O/D. I started fixing it into a Tbolt copy then sold it and my 40’ GMC coach. Sold the house after Y2K and the neighborhood got rough (cop was shot less than a block away and chasing stolen cars made the area a demolition derby.
Check my parts for sale near Seattle

BCRAWLER

Post by BCRAWLER »

1970 GMC, sort of. 78 frame, 84 350 motor, turbo350 and 205 transfer. Cab was from 2 wheel drive. Easy to work on, no computer required.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

1980 Cherokee,360/727/208, propane powered,unknown lift,31' Adventuro's on Chevy rims,Warn winch
1980 J10,360/standard/208, stepside
1970 GMC 4X4 Pickup, 78 frame, 84 350, Turbo 350/205, patina galore
1986 Blazer K5, 350/205/465 trans
1990 Cherokee XJ, about to scrap for FSJ parts, gone to parts graveyard in sky

Grand_Wag_85

Post by Grand_Wag_85 »

82 J10
77 J10 Golden Eagle 401
88 GW

You know it's bad when your car is on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

I have a 1956 Ford Fairlane that was my wife's grandfather's he bought new in 1956 and walked down the line with it (he worked for Ford in their finance and legal department). It was still his car that he drove from time to time until the early 1990s when his health declined. She remembers riding in it as a kid going to school around 5th or 6th grade. After he passed her dad got it and took it up to Idaho and used it as a back up car and drove it from time to time until 2009 when he moved to Nevada. The Ford went down to California to a family friend's ranch where it sat until last summer. We rescued it from under an old oak tree. In the interim the engine had been opened up to the weather and lots of bugs and critters had taken up residence. After a lot of cleaning and shop vacuum it is finally ready to go into the garage to start the restoration. It is getting a new crate 302 and C6, mild/stock build. The goal is to make it to Cruise Night by the time the daughter is 16...she's 8 now...so....fingers crossed haha!
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

letank

Post by letank »

Ha, ha, ha, we have this old mercedes, the panzerwagen... almost better mpg than the FSJ... 14mpg freeway... the ignition is a bit of a mess... so I am working on a back up, either the MSD, the duraspark or the GM hei chip...
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

PossumJr

Post by PossumJr »

Currently have a '70 Ford LTD 4dr sedan sitting in the driveway that's my current project. Thought to myself "man I really need a land yacht", and now I do. In the process of pulling the 351w out to do a quick rebuild and hopefully put on a couple go-fast parts since I hear a faint knock, it smokes like a freight train, and has 2 cylinders with 30 psi of compression. Next question is if I feel the desire enough to pull the WER rear end out to put in a proper 9" so it can actually take some power and make it not be a one-legger, plus 2.75 is weak sauce for just about any engine.
1979 J10, 360/QT

GoMopar440

Post by GoMopar440 »

Currently just have my 75 Dodge W300 Power Wagon Cab and Chassis to go with my 75 J10 Thriftside. They're like brothers from another mother. The Power Wagon is definitely the Jeeps big brother though. It's a 1 ton and has a 440 wedge engine with a granny low 4 speed, NP203 TC (full time), Dana 60s front and rear with 4.88 gears. The rear axle is a DRW, but is the narrow version used on the C&C trucks. It's a long term project and I've already finished a lot of the engine work. The 440 now has aluminum heads with Ferrea valves, a hyd roller cam, roller rockers, gear drive timing set and is getting a full sequential fuel and spark EFI conversion via a MegaSquirt MS3/3X ECU that I built. Definitely a looong term project that I'll be working on again after I get the J10 working reliably.
'75 J10 Thriftside, 360, TH400, BW1339

Alanjmt

Post by Alanjmt »

Anything! Seemingly the worse it starts out the happier I am LOL. Here is a judge I did and I have a video of a 1964 C10 which got everything but for some reason YouTube deleted the video?
https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlo ... reserved=0

Found the pickup video
https://youtu.be/Lpm3JdMf6Ec