the move to FL

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Yeller

Re: the move to FL

Post by Yeller »

Small world.... I have some friend's that lived in Denver and retired in Sarasota last year. They too kind of wish they sold their jeep prior to moving but couldn't bring themselves to do it, it's their baby. They are now looking to have it transported to Moab and leaving it in storage there so they can fly out and go wheeling a few times per year. They are now at an age where I will do everything I can to go with them when they do go if they get their plan put together.
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21395

1974 Bronco “Broncno”
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threa ... st-3411909

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

So, what have you been doing to keep yourself busy since coming to Florida?

jaber
Vendor

Post by jaber »

rocklaurence wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:20 am I go to church every Sunday in Myakka Fl. However, Im looking to run from the humidity of Florida and go to Flagstaff. Im too old to be outside in the heat. Also, the only four wheeling in Florida is sand and mud. The mud/water eats up bearings. I live just a little North of you in Lakeland.
When you get to Flagstaff, I'll be an hour south of you.

I'm glad to see it was an uneventful move. That kind of move would be nerve racking for me.
Jeff

'46 cj3a
'51 Willys p/u
'51 Willys Parkway Conversion
'74 CJ5
'75 J-20 Wrecker
'75 J-20 Cummins service truck
'77 J-10 p/u
'79 Cherokee
'88 Grand Wagoneer
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jeffaber/

bigun

Post by bigun »

on a Side note, our 2007 Explorer has been having some issues, mom had a dentist appointment she had already missed twice before, I was determined she wasn't going to miss this one. Among other things they were taking imprints of her teeth for a new set of upper dentures. Ended up renting a 10 foot U-Haul box truck, since our local dealer didn't have anything smaller. I must state I have never been a Chevy fan, and this thing made me even less of one. Not sure what bean counter thought it was a good idea to put small doors then keep them from opening beyond 35*, but he never thought about getting a 95 year old semi-invalid woman into it for her dentist appointment, what was more fun was getting her out! 😒

shortbus4x4

Post by shortbus4x4 »

bigun wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:28 am on a Side note, our 2007 Explorer has been having some issues, mom had a dentist appointment she had already missed twice before, I was determined she wasn't going to miss this one. Among other things they were taking imprints of her teeth for a new set of upper dentures. Ended up renting a 10 foot U-Haul box truck, since our local dealer didn't have anything smaller. I must state I have never been a Chevy fan, and this thing made me even less of one. Not sure what bean counter thought it was a good idea to put small doors then keep them from opening beyond 35*, but he never thought about getting a 95 year old semi-invalid woman into it for her dentist appointment, what was more fun was getting her out! 😒
I thought the back had a roll up door. ;)

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

jaber wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:06 am
rocklaurence wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:20 am I go to church every Sunday in Myakka Fl. However, Im looking to run from the humidity of Florida and go to Flagstaff. Im too old to be outside in the heat. Also, the only four wheeling in Florida is sand and mud. The mud/water eats up bearings. I live just a little North of you in Lakeland.

I'm glad to see it was an uneventful move. That kind of move would be nerve racking for me.
How do you like Chino Valley? Is it HOT in the some? What's the elevation there? I visited a church friend in a small diner outside of Prescot. Are you close to there?

jaber
Vendor

Post by jaber »

rocklaurence wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:50 pm
jaber wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:06 am

How do you like Chino Valley? Is it HOT in the some? What's the elevation there? I visited a church friend in a small diner outside of Prescot. Are you close to there?
Pm me so we don't hijack the thread.
Love the climate, it's about as "middle of the road " as you could get. Average summer - 100°, Average winter-45°. Yesterday I was working around the yard in a t-shirt. Snowed last week, was mostly gone by evening...
Prescott is a 20 min drive.
Jeff

'46 cj3a
'51 Willys p/u
'51 Willys Parkway Conversion
'74 CJ5
'75 J-20 Wrecker
'75 J-20 Cummins service truck
'77 J-10 p/u
'79 Cherokee
'88 Grand Wagoneer
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jeffaber/

Gambler

Post by Gambler »

fulsizjeep wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:35 am
sierrablue wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:14 pm So since you're out of the mountains now, does that mean you're going to drop the lift and tire size? ;)
N E V E R :lol:
gonna have to find a nice set of All Season street tires for Wally :P City slicker shoes :P Remember they dont slow down for yellow lights there!!

Topic author
fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Gambler wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:34 pm
fulsizjeep wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:35 am
sierrablue wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:14 pm So since you're out of the mountains now, does that mean you're going to drop the lift and tire size? ;)
N E V E R :lol:
gonna have to find a nice set of All Season street tires for Wally :P City slicker shoes :P Remember they dont slow down for yellow lights there!!
You are so right Gambler, they speed up. I prefer driving the crap box now but did manage to get a ticket running a light last month. So many camera traps here! Cost of doing business, $158. :o So now I am much more careful and will likely get rear ended. :shock:
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac