Help with LS Swap in North Carolina

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
DustinSprinkle

Help with LS Swap in North Carolina

Post by DustinSprinkle »

Hello everyone.

I have a 1986 FSJ, I started to put in L33, and never finished.

I am looking for someone or a shop someone knows of that can finish this project for me as I have run out of space and time.

Please if anyone knows someone please let me know. I am right outside of Charlotte NC, but can have the Rig Towed anywhere.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Thanks
Dustin

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Help with LS Swap in North Carolina

Post by Stuka »

I live on the other side of the country, so I don't know of any shops there. But I would start calling around to hotrod shops and such that do a lot of LS swaps.

I do know that a some shops don't like to take over projects that are part way done though.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

tgreese

Re: Help with LS Swap in North Carolina

Post by tgreese »

Hi Dustin - welcome from eastern Massachusetts - I suggest you contact any local car clubs or local 4x4 forums/bulletin boards/clubs and ask. Good opportunity to make some new friends and contacts, and maybe have some fun while helping yourself. People don't like to feel exploited, but these clubs are for fun, and should welcome your questions when combined with some genuine interest. IME some clubs are really friendly, some are not - don't get discouraged.

For those following along, you can often get a great deal for a nice and desirable Jeep by buying someone's unfinished project. These big projects carry some risk - life can change, and you can lose a bunch of money on your project if it does not run and drive.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.