Window Flex Rack / Track or whatever they are called

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Thomas792

Window Flex Rack / Track or whatever they are called

Post by Thomas792 »

Searched and recommendations are to NOT use the ones at Autozone and other parts stores.
Consensus was to order from BJ's.
BJ's does not have them on their website. Checked multiple times but could not find them.
Advertisement at top of this website somewhere showed Quadratec had them with free shipping (over $50)
Quadratec and other online website brands are "Crown Automotive". Are these the good ones?
If not, where should I buy them from?
1974 J10 - 401, TH400, QT, D44, 28" tires - Sold under duress
1988 GW - "Mrs Tickety" - 360, 727, NP228, D44, 32" tires
Retired Marine

bdrainy

Re: Window Flex Rack / Track or whatever they are called

Post by bdrainy »

I actually just ordered some last summer for my GW from BJ's...so I looked up the part number (11-2030) on my order history. i searched the site also and they don't appear to offer them anymore...or they are out of stock and just took them off the site. It doesn't mention the brand but they were more than double the price of the crown ones...so either they were better quality or I just vastly over paid.

That being said...the Crown Automotive ones are the brand that's sold on Team Grand Wagoneer, Wagonmasters, etc... I know I have some other Crown parts on my jeep without any issues, so I wouldn't have any problems using their flex track.

At the very least, since the crown ones are only around $13-$15 I would use them in a pinch until BJ's got the higher quality ones back in stock.

letank

Post by letank »

I found a Chryco one on a chryco website.. specs as OEM. Yes the autozone does not flex right in cold weather, the tab or gear will shears
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
Thomas792

Post by Thomas792 »

Thanks so much for the info. I’m usually the one that buys the wrong stuff then have to pay shipping to return it getting burned twice. Ordering Crown brand from QuadraTec this afternoon - cheaper and free shipping.
1974 J10 - 401, TH400, QT, D44, 28" tires - Sold under duress
1988 GW - "Mrs Tickety" - 360, 727, NP228, D44, 32" tires
Retired Marine

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

Hey Letank, got a site and/or P/N? Or was it too long ago to remember?

I replaced a one or two of mine about twenty years ago and haven't moved them since. Thinking I should get some spares.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.