Ahh, cool air; A/C works

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Theodore

Ahh, cool air; A/C works

Post by Theodore »

Its been a while since Ive checked in, but I wanted to report exciting progress. I have now have working A/C! Not sure how long it had been since it ran, but the r134a conversion had already been done; though it was totally void of Freon.

Have had the GWagoneer for almost 3 years now & never had A/C. Over the last year, have been working on reliability, wiring issues, and fixing leaks. Yesterday, I dropped off the Jeep at a local shop to replace the oil pan gasket & check the A/C - fully expecting a blown compressor. After work today, I stopped by the shop to check progress & the mechanic confirmed the A/C system had held vacuum with no repairs required & asked if I would like it charged? Absolutely!

Drove home in relative comfort - ahhh.
1990 Grand Wagoneer - "Theodore" - AMC 360, fuel-injected, TF727, NP229 - Sand Metallic - restoring to stock - Build Thread

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Ahh, cool air; A/C works

Post by Stuka »

A/C that works well is never underappreciated!
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

letank

Post by letank »

do I say Cool, yes ... do you know how many ounces of R134 were used and which oil was used?
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
Theodore

Post by Theodore »

Not sure; will go over by the shop tomorrow & let you know.
1990 Grand Wagoneer - "Theodore" - AMC 360, fuel-injected, TF727, NP229 - Sand Metallic - restoring to stock - Build Thread

Topic author
Theodore

Post by Theodore »

Following up on this; turns out the best we were able to do was 70 degree air at the outlet; so, am planning on re-doing the A/C. Had thought the system had been retrofitted, due to having r134a fittings on the compressor, but in retrospect, I dont believe thats the case. PO got the body & engine separate, so it appears the compressor was converted, but not the components on the body. Am working on a parts list now.