What leather cleaner/conditioner do you guys use ?

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
candymancan

What leather cleaner/conditioner do you guys use ?

Post by candymancan »

Just wondering what cleaner and conditioner you guys use.. ive used a bunch and they all seem to either take the color out of the seat, or leave white stains on them, or leave the seats dryer than they started..

Last one i used was Meguers ultimate "spelling" and my bench seeat is now stained whitish.

Same with dash cleaners.. what do you guys use ? The Meguiers i used actually took color out of the dash pad my cloth was red.. i dunno how these "cleaners" and protectors are even sold when they do stuff like this
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

letank

Re: What leather cleaner/conditioner do you guys use ?

Post by letank »

the bimmer guys swear by lexol
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

sirrus
Vendor

Re: What leather cleaner/conditioner do you guys use ?

Post by sirrus »

I used mother’s leather cleaner and then conditioner of the same brand - those are two separate products (cleaner comes in a spray bottle and conditioner is more like a cream), but I see same number 06412 for both. Worked fine, leather on the seats felt better and no stains but you have to follow the instructions on both products.

For vinyl part I use 3M Marine Vinyl Cleaner & Conditioner (09023) with good results
Sometimes we reinvent the wheel not to have more wheels but to have more inventors

1988 Grand Wagoneer - AMC 360 with ProFlo4 MPFI, TF727, NP229 FOR SALE
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel - new shiny toy