Long time Jeep enthusiast, turning a corner

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Toshie

Long time Jeep enthusiast, turning a corner

Post by Toshie »

Howdy all. Have been into Jeeps for almost 30 years now. Started with an '83 CJ-7 then quickly became a serious Jeep addiction. I used to be active on the Jeep-L and FSJ email lists (lol, remember those?). Over the years I've owned approximately twenty Jeeps. From a '69 Gladiator J-2000 to a 2000 Jeep TJ Sport. My son is currently enjoying the TJ while at college, but I've sold the rest over the years (and boy do I regret selling alot of them). That is all except for my perpetual project - a 1975 J-10. It has inhabited my garage for close to two decades awaiting rebirth, but alas, times are tough and I need to make some adult-like decisions.

So I need to sell my J-10 and purge all my assorted Jeep parts I've amassed over the years. But in reading the For Sale rules, I need to have 5 posts to be considered an active member and be able to post a for sale thing. I fully understand and respect the need for these types of rules. I've hosted another unrelated forum and hated the people who would pop in and ask "how much is this worth" or a similar FOR SALE and disappear. So I am posting this to let you all know that I'll be posting a couple of more to comply with the rules, but also to make sure that doing so will not run afoul of the mods. So if what I'm doing is against the spirit of things here, just let me know and I'll go away.

Regardless, have enjoyed lurking and seeing the great builds and info on here.

Cheers,
Ed T.
(AKA Toshie)

Tinrabbit

Re: Long time Jeep enthusiast, turning a corner

Post by Tinrabbit »

It's hard to let go of the dream...... I also have a j10 that time has slipped away and the love hate relation has got me pondering if it is time to let go
75 J10- AMC 401

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Long time Jeep enthusiast, turning a corner

Post by Stuka »

Plenty of us have had to make the same decision before. It’s never easy. Hope you find a good home for it.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ