Breather vents for transmission and transfercase ?

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
candymancan

Breather vents for transmission and transfercase ?

Post by candymancan »

So i want to extend the rear diff, transmission and transfercase vents, the front diff is already pretty high stock at the head light, but the rear diff is low pretty much at the fuel filler line roughly and i have no idea where the transfercase and transmission are ?

Ideas on where to run the rear diff line to get it higher ? Same for the trans and transfercase. I ask because i soon plan to take my Jeep off-roading now that i finally replaced the bad ball joints and the bad u joint on the passenger side. But where im going water could possibly get to the doors at least according to the pictures of this place. So i want to be safe
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

backroadin'

Re: Breather vents for transmission and transfercase ?

Post by backroadin' »

It'd take a lot of hose, but you could run the rear diff vent up to the engine compartment and put it up high there. Also, someone makes a vent that's basically a balloon on a hose - of course it's much more rugged than that, but you get the idea behind it. I don't recall seeing a tranny vent, but my d300 has one coming off the top. Any vents could be routed to the engine compartment, or you could zip-tie them all to the PVC snorkel you could put on running up your A pillar!! (That was a joke :) )
'73 Wagoneer 4.0 stroker/t176/d300, offy dualport w/ quadrajet

Topic author
candymancan

Re: Breather vents for transmission and transfercase ?

Post by candymancan »

I think the 727 has one on the pump on top... But how do you guys go offroading in these in watee thats up to your doors..
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)