Super Wagoneer Story in Dispatcher Magazine

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
WagScribe

Super Wagoneer Story in Dispatcher Magazine

Post by WagScribe »

A year back, I did a couple of articles on the Super Wagoneer and it's derivatives for both Four Wheeler and Dispatcher. A version of the FW story has been online a long time but it was rather constrained for space and the online version is missing more, namely the image captions.

Bill Norris, editor of Dispatcher, gave me a lot more room to tell the story, from the first concepts in 1964 to the last derivative in 1971. Some of the folks here have been asking to see the Dispatcher story but I can't just post magazine stories without permission, even if I wrote them. Bill decided enough time has gone by that he would post the story up on his site for a free peek at the kind of work Dispatcher is doing. If you are into Jeep history, this is a magazine that will carry your interest. All Jeep- All the Time! The link below will take you direct to the story.

https://www.dispatchermagazine.com/supe ... -jim-allen

I have another FSJ story coming up in the next issue, by the way.
Jim Allen
Keeping the Good Old Days of Four-Wheeling Alive

sirrus
Vendor

Re: Super Wagoneer Story in Dispatcher Magazine

Post by sirrus »

Thanks a lot for your work and making this article available! Very interesting read indeed.

I'm considering subscribing to that magazine now :)
Sometimes we reinvent the wheel not to have more wheels but to have more inventors

1988 Grand Wagoneer - AMC 360 with ProFlo4 MPFI, TF727, NP229 FOR SALE
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel - new shiny toy

twisted frame

Post by twisted frame »

Great article! Thanks for sharing. I didn't know about Dispatcher mag.
73 J4000. 360, MC 2100, T18A, D20, stock closed knuckle Dana 44 front, 60-2 rear. Warn Lock-O-Matics, Warn/Belleview electric winch, true duals with glasspacks, old-school front diff skid plate, used 265 Toyos on 16" AR wheels.

Eldog22

Post by Eldog22 »

I didn't read the article yet but I did see a super wagoneer for sale on Craigslist the other day