Hey Gang :)

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
HowardT64

Hey Gang :)

Post by HowardT64 »

Its been a while, thought I would check in and let you all know how its going :) The Duck Blind is doing beautifully!! I have even gotten a hold of a couple of HUGE caterpillar batteries for my solar system :) Just have to build a cover so that they are not exposed. They fit behind the seats perfectly.

All I need do is hook up the 100watt solar panel I have when im off grid and in the woods, and I should have all the power I need. Run a fan, light, my cpap machine.

Time to fix up the interior :)

OH! I got the converter replaced FINALLY!! A friend helped me. He cut the old one off...only to find that the old converter was gutted. The new one is on and it runs fine.

Things are going good :)

Jeep on!!
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"

will e

Re: Hey Gang :)

Post by will e »

Good to hear from ya! I am glad things are progressing for you. These are never ending projects.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
HowardT64

Post by HowardT64 »

Thanks Pal...she has been a work in progress for sure. Suspension is next...or most likely brakes. Ill try and get pics on tapatalk tomorrow :)
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Have fun doing those leaf springs.. lol mine took me a week of cursing. Cutting. Drinking beer. Tossing tools and of course i cant go working on my waggy without it drawing blood. And i only did 3 leaf springs. I still have the 4th in storage the rear one by the gas tank. I didnt do that because you gatta drop the damn tank i think to even get to the inside nut. This year ill do it lol and fix the frame there too
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

Topic author
HowardT64

Post by HowardT64 »

May be a while before I do mine....
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"

custom76

Post by custom76 »

candymancan wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:55 pm Have fun doing those leaf springs.. lol mine took me a week of cursing. Cutting. Drinking beer. Tossing tools and of course i cant go working on my waggy without it drawing blood. And i only did 3 leaf springs. I still have the 4th in storage the rear one by the gas tank. I didnt do that because you gatta drop the damn tank i think to even get to the inside nut. This year ill do it lol and fix the frame there too
Do you have a link to a thread that gives info on this? Considering as a future project. Doesn’t sound like a short weekend job. I can cover the beer inventory part ;)

HowardT64, hope you don’t mind me hi-jacking your thread.

Thx!
1976 Custom Wagoneer Survivor
2000 WS6 Trans Am Conv, performance and suspension mods
1971 GTO Conv, 4 speed, built 428 (rest of its waiting for me to finish the Wag :| )
An old Pontiac guy gone Waggy!
:D Whoever designed these tailgates must still be grinning :D

Topic author
HowardT64

Post by HowardT64 »

custom76 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:17 pm
candymancan wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:55 pm Have fun doing those leaf springs.. lol mine took me a week of cursing. Cutting. Drinking beer. Tossing tools and of course i cant go working on my waggy without it drawing blood. And i only did 3 leaf springs. I still have the 4th in storage the rear one by the gas tank. I didnt do that because you gatta drop the damn tank i think to even get to the inside nut. This year ill do it lol and fix the frame there too
Do you have a link to a thread that gives info on this? Considering as a future project. Doesn’t sound like a short weekend job. I can cover the beer inventory part ;)

Thx!

Not a problem brother :)
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"

Hspencer

Re: Hey Gang [emoji3]

Post by Hspencer »

Maybe I did it wrong but I didn’t drop the tank when I replaced the springs in my 88. I did get in a hurry and managed to get both rear shackles in backwards, you would think the law of averages would’ve been on my side and I would’ve gotten one right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1988 GW
1984 Wagoneer(SJ)
2008 JK

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Thx!

I nade a thread a couple years ago on the oem springs i found and used.. made in america. As for taking them off.. i have no impact so i had to cut the u bolts off holding them to the axles. And when i tried to take the I bolts outa the ends of the leaf springs i found the rubber bushigs had fused to the bolts.. so i couldnt get the bolts out.. had to take a sawzawl and go town on the bolts cutting each side left and right so the spring would drop. Then for the rear the shackle bushing was fused so ot wouldnt wiggle i couldnt get the new spring lined up so i had to cut the shackle mount off to get the shackle off.. then weld the mount back on tje frame and bolt in a new shackle.

Took me 4 days to do on the pavement

candymancan

Re: Hey Gang [emoji3]

Post by candymancan »

Hspencer wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:05 am Maybe I did it wrong but I didn’t drop the tank when I replaced the springs in my 88. I did get in a hurry and managed to get both rear shackles in backwards, you would think the law of averages would’ve been on my side and I would’ve gotten one right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How did you get the I bolt out then on the gas tank side ? Did you just move the tank to the side to get to the nut ? Because the nut is inside the c channle blocked by the skid plate and stuff. All my bushings are fused to the bolts so i had to cut every bolt out. Which means id need access to that nut on the inside of the frame.

custom76

Post by custom76 »

candymancan wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:11 pm

Thx!

I nade a thread a couple years ago on the oem springs i found and used.. made in america. As for taking them off.. i have no impact so i had to cut the u bolts off holding them to the axles. And when i tried to take the I bolts outa the ends of the leaf springs i found the rubber bushigs had fused to the bolts.. so i couldnt get the bolts out.. had to take a sawzawl and go town on the bolts cutting each side left and right so the spring would drop. Then for the rear the shackle bushing was fused so ot wouldnt wiggle i couldnt get the new spring lined up so i had to cut the shackle mount off to get the shackle off.. then weld the mount back on tje frame and bolt in a new shackle.

Took me 4 days to do on the pavement
I’m exhausted just reading this!
1976 Custom Wagoneer Survivor
2000 WS6 Trans Am Conv, performance and suspension mods
1971 GTO Conv, 4 speed, built 428 (rest of its waiting for me to finish the Wag :| )
An old Pontiac guy gone Waggy!
:D Whoever designed these tailgates must still be grinning :D