Hi! It’s been a while.

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Hi! It’s been a while.

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

I haven’t stopped by in a while.

Not much going on. My Wagoneer hardly leaves the garage anymore.

Too busy with other things. Enjoying the new Jeep on camping trips, working in my old ford, so on and so forth.

I did drive it to go get a Christmas tree the other day though.

Sadly, I think I’m about ready to let it go. May need to start researching a value. No idea what it would be worth.

Anyway, just wanted to stop in and say I’m still alive and the wag is still kicking, occasionally.
295D7E33-EDBA-47E9-A074-F9A844DC978A.jpeg
117D359C-8C5D-4E0C-ACDB-F3917525D24C.jpeg
A3BBA8A9-5EC0-4E66-80DF-8AA4B12AB150.jpeg
0B1C110B-8287-40AE-A1E6-78703BFFC2AA.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

bigun

Re: Hi! It’s been a while.

Post by bigun »

Who?

will e

Post by will e »

Ah! The iconic Christmas tree on top of the Wagoneer picture. I love it! We did that one year too.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

bigun wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:58 amWho?
Right?
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Hey, good to hear from you again.

Not sure on a value of yours, but values have climbed a lot in recent years.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Stuka wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:01 pm Hey, good to hear from you again.

Well I'm sure it hasn't climbed enough to recover even half of what I've spent on it, lol! But thats neither here nor there at the moment.

twisted frame

Post by twisted frame »

Hey Dr.! Good to hear from you. Not that we've ever met but I thought you the other day when I was visiting my wife's parents in the area where you're from. (We chatted about that once because I posted something about the Chevy pulling truck named Fatal Attraction, and I think you knew the truck from growing up.) Just for haha's, here that video I shot of that truck, but it's at a track near my home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPjhuTe8CkY
73 J4000. 360, MC 2100, T18A, D20, stock closed knuckle Dana 44 front, 60-2 rear. Warn Lock-O-Matics, Warn/Belleview electric winch, true duals with glasspacks, old-school front diff skid plate, used 265 Toyos on 16" AR wheels.

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

Dr. Marneaus wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:06 pm
Stuka wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:01 pm Hey, good to hear from you again.

Well I'm sure it hasn't climbed enough to recover even half of what I've spent on it, lol! But thats neither here nor there at the moment.
Is any vehicle anyone's had as long as you've had it worth half what was spent on it? Now consider the experiences you've had and decide if it was worth the half you won't get back.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

tgreese

Post by tgreese »

Welcome back from Boston!

As an interested observer, it seems like everyone that sells a project vehicle later regrets that it's gone. The vehicle has both gone way up in value and has much more emotional attachment than they realized. If you can't keep it, then passing it on to someone that will appreciate it makes sense. But if you have the means to keep it, likely you will be glad you did. Things could change, but based on the past, hang on until it has to go.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Trade for Susan?
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

tgreese wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:28 pm Welcome back from Boston!

As an interested observer, it seems like everyone that sells a project vehicle later regrets that it's gone. The vehicle has both gone way up in value and has much more emotional attachment than they realized. If you can't keep it, then passing it on to someone that will appreciate it makes sense. But if you have the means to keep it, likely you will be glad you did. Things could change, but based on the past, hang on until it has to go.

I understand the sentiment, but it has served it’s purpose, and I’m over it. I don’t work on it, I don’t care for driving it ever since I got a different vintage vehicle, and now that we have a modern 4 door 4x4 it is redundant and worse in every way except for nostalgia and the ‘hey cool Jeep’ comments it gets, which are only worth so much.

It hasn’t gone up in value much, its probably worth double what I paid which is less than half what I’ve put into it, but the dial has never been to get that money back but I honestly don’t think it’s worth all the much nor has it appreciated much. it’s not original in any way shape or form at this juncture, it’s been cut, the body is wavy, what I see going up in value are unmolested originals, specifically late models.

I’d probably be really happy to get $7000 out of it.

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Perhaps I will take it for a drive today

Chubbinius

Post by Chubbinius »

Dr. Marneaus wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:29 am Perhaps I will take it for a drive today
It is a lovely Saturday for a ride in a lovely FSJ. Enjoy it, and if you do end up selling it, just know that you're going to be giving someone else a bit of joy when they get their very own FSJ!
1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
-Custom Special
-Dauntless 350 V8
-D27 front/D44 rear
2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

HowardT64

Post by HowardT64 »

HOwdy :)
2016 Jeep Patriot
"Faith"

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Chubbinius wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:59 pm
Dr. Marneaus wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:29 am Perhaps I will take it for a drive today
It is a lovely Saturday for a ride in a lovely FSJ. Enjoy it, and if you do end up selling it, just know that you're going to be giving someone else a bit of joy when they get their very own FSJ!
Sadly, didn’t get it out for a ride.

Did take the JL out on Sunday however.
2EAEA43B-79AA-4B3D-8FD6-DC0CCE45B4F2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Im alive too i havent been on in months maybe 4 months ? Lol i forgot . But i decided to check in. My 90 is still my daily, running good. Havent done much work to it other then fixing the tailgate window today.

I dont see why you cant get 7 grand from it.. Id probsbly try for more though 7 seems too little for an older waggy in that good of shape. I mesn i paid nearly 5k for my 90 and it had alot of rust i had to fix. Needed new tires new suspension electrical issues and leaks. Lol
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

5 months later, I'm still here.

Drove the old thing a few weeks ago, then back into the garage it went to be covered with boxes and coolers etc.

Have entertained a number of potential buyers in the past few months, but everything falls through.

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

Dr. Marneaus wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:22 am 5 months later, I'm still here.

Drove the old thing a few weeks ago, then back into the garage it went to be covered with boxes and coolers etc.

Have entertained a number of potential buyers in the past few months, but everything falls through.
Hang in there. Auto sales are gonna be slow for a bit. If you don't need to absolutely get rid of it, just be patient. The buyer will be there. I think it's a swell rig. Love the cheese grater grill. :-bd
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

dodgerammit wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:18 pm
Dr. Marneaus wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:22 am 5 months later, I'm still here.

Hang in there. Auto sales are gonna be slow for a bit. If you don't need to absolutely get rid of it, just be patient. The buyer will be there. I think it's a swell rig. Love the cheese grater grill. :-bd
Yeah, COVID ant helping things, but ive been talking to people since long before that happened.

Like I said, I just stuffed it back in the garage. Not in a hurry to sell, but it pisses me off every time I have to squeeze around it to get to the beer fridge or one of the shelves on that side of the garage. Thats reason enough to want it gone.