Window lift bar kaput?

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
loganobrien121

Window lift bar kaput?

Post by loganobrien121 »

My drivers window came off the track a while back and I tried taking a look at it today but now have more questions than answers.

So the whole (manual) regulator seems to work except the lift bar itself is floppy and slides around. The bar is also too narrow for the window to slide back into, so whenever the weight of the glass isn’t keeping it straight, the inner side of it falls down.

Anyway, my questions:
Is it worth pulling the whole thing out and seeing if it can be fixed or should I just start calling junkyards and seeing it they have window lift bars?

If the bar is bad, do I need a whole new regulator or can I just get a new bar?

Do you know if there any other bar that works that would be slightly easier to find?

Are all the manual window assemblies the same or did Jeep change them sometime during production?

Thanks!
"Betty Blue"
'71 Wag
Buick 350/TH400/D20

"The Bride of Frankenstein"
Green and some uh rust... color...
'73 Wagoneer.
360/TH400

MReese Wagoneer

Re: Window lift bar kaput?

Post by MReese Wagoneer »

Logan , check with JeepRecyclers.com
He has a pretty large inventory, and has been a help to me with just answers as well !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:fsj:
New 83 Wagoneer Brougham
old 99 Grand Cherokee Limited
http://www.mandgoilandlube.com

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

BJs has the Driver and Passenger bars. They are proud of them [$75] but no one else has them. For a couple of years you could only get the Driver's side. http://www.bjsoffroad.com/Door-Window-L ... _2142.html

RamJetFSJ

Post by RamJetFSJ »

They tend to rust and disintegrate, and require full replacement, but if yours is still structurally sound, you may be able to get new rubber, or some sort of adhesive and reattach it to your glass. You will need to remove it all to do so though. Make sure your side wipes are in decent shape, or it may pull the glass out again. Mine were old and cracked and the glass got stuck on a chunk of broken hard rubber and pulled the glass out of the channel while trying to crank it down. I now push down on the back windows while cranking down to avoid this, as I haven't rebuilt them yet.
80 Wag in 73 attire, Ram Jet 350 power

Topic author
loganobrien121

Post by loganobrien121 »

rocklaurence wrote:BJs has the Driver and Passenger bars. They are proud of them [$75] but no one else has them. For a couple of years you could only get the Driver's side. http://www.bjsoffroad.com/Door-Window-L ... _2142.html
THANK YOU. Those must be new because the threads I was reading from a few years ago were talking about these like they were unobtanium.
"Betty Blue"
'71 Wag
Buick 350/TH400/D20

"The Bride of Frankenstein"
Green and some uh rust... color...
'73 Wagoneer.
360/TH400