For all you fabricators out there I give you

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
bigun

Re: For all you fabricators out there I give you

Post by bigun »

Thank God LOL

will e

Post by will e »

More engine work but again it is entertaining and the attention to detail is impressive as always. Richard says in the video something like "You can just bolt on aftermarket parts, you have to take a holistic approach".
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
bigun

Post by bigun »

Like they said they could have had the whole thing built in a couple of months if they hadn't paid attention to all the details like electric windows, door locks, side impact stereo system, all the body work, seats, electrical... What is truly amazing is how far ahead they were thinking, grounding points welded in 5 years ago just being used now. Richard admitting he did the head work 2 years ago

will e

Post by will e »

No doubt. They thought a lot of things ahead (but also admit when they got caught off guard). It really is an amazing build. It' won't be 'the fastest' mini or even 'the best handling' but goodness, it is probably the coolest overall.

I do 'worry' about all of the electronics but Richard seems to be doing a proper job. Having the right crimping tools is key, especially with that many connectors.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

letank

Post by letank »

will e wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:38 pm Having the right crimping tools is key, especially with that many connectors.
Agreed on the crimper, I bought a supposedly nice crimper... but it is worthless , i can pull the wires off, even with all the possibilities... OK it does spark plug wires!
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

sirrus
Vendor

Post by sirrus »

x2 on importance of good crimper! I usually prefer ratcheting style crimpers as they require less force (I couldn't use some of my non-ratcheting ones after I had my hand injury) and usually get you a better crimp. Having properly shaped dies is also important.

Sometimes you can save a bad crimp by soldering it a bit, but gets old pretty quick if you have a lot of them.
Sometimes we reinvent the wheel not to have more wheels but to have more inventors

1988 Grand Wagoneer - AMC 360 with ProFlo4 MPFI, TF727, NP229 FOR SALE
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel - new shiny toy

SlowGear

Post by SlowGear »

Wish I would have seen this thread when it started five years ago. I only recently "found" Project Binky. Pretty much binged 30 episodes in about a week (thanks Covid-19).
Have been sharing it with friends, warning them they better have their chores done because the boys from Shropshire will be taking all your time for a while;-)
88 Grand Wagoneer - bone stock except the missing bits:-)

Topic author
bigun

Post by bigun »

SlowGear wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:45 pm Wish I would have seen this thread when it started five years ago. I only recently "found" Project Binky. Pretty much binged 30 episodes in about a week (thanks Covid-19).
Have been sharing it with friends, warning them they better have their chores done because the boys from Shropshire will be taking all your time for a while;-)
Every once in a while I'll start back at the beginning just to marvel at how far the have come

Topic author
bigun

Post by bigun »

I don't know if I have posted this guy before
Mike Patey the airplane builder version of Bad Obsession except faster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqGnlFYAq1I

will e

Post by will e »

New episode tomorrow. As a Patreon donator I got to watch 24 hours in advance. You will not be disappointed. No spoilers....

Topic author
bigun

Post by bigun »

will e wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:18 pm New episode tomorrow. As a Patreon donator I got to watch 24 hours in advance. You will not be disappointed. No spoilers....
If you had spoiled it I would hunt you down and give you such a talking too! :-bd

Topic author
bigun

Post by bigun »

IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!
Will E was right! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE9UP2NbIVU

sirrus
Vendor

Post by sirrus »

Finally! Absolutely amazing and I realized that I forgot what they were doing with the engine in the previous episodes. Good excuse to rewatch them ;)
Sometimes we reinvent the wheel not to have more wheels but to have more inventors

1988 Grand Wagoneer - AMC 360 with ProFlo4 MPFI, TF727, NP229 FOR SALE
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel - new shiny toy

wimsurf

Post by wimsurf »

oh my, I think I just found a series that will cost me the rest of the weekend..
1984 grand wagoneer
  • topaz gold | deep night blue,
  • AMC 360 v8 | 2019 5.7 hemi,
  • TF727 auto 3 speed | 8hp70 8 speed
  • nutmeg interior | sand or almond interior to be decided
it's a project now:
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewto ... 35#p197535

will e

Post by will e »

I rewatched episode 1 after watching the latest. So funny to see Binky in its beginning condition.

Topic author
bigun

Post by bigun »

wimsurf wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:14 pm oh my, I think I just found a series that will cost me the rest of the weekend..
After that go watch
Mike Patey's airplane builds you can hate me later LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSvdee ... rloZjWwNVg

If your into boat building these guys started with living trees to build their boat

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAiDWn ... Cp6uuUo0VA
Last edited by bigun on Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
bigun

Post by bigun »

will e wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:04 pm I rewatched episode 1 after watching the latest. So funny to see Binky in its beginning condition.
It's hard to believe it has been so long, but then look at what they have done! :shock:

letank

Post by letank »

the escargot is a hoot too.... it could have been cheaper to stay in local hotels and put blinky on a trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HXSigszx5w
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
bigun

Post by bigun »

letank wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:40 pm the escargot is a hoot too.... it could have been cheaper to stay in local hotels and put blinky on a trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HXSigszx5w
Got me all excited thought they had added another video :( :(

Topic author
bigun

Post by bigun »