OlJeep, Firefox and certificates

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
tgreese

OlJeep, Firefox and certificates

Post by tgreese »

Firefox complains that the Tom Collins site (www.oljeep.com) has a certificate problem.

"An error occurred during a connection to oljeep.com. Peer’s Certificate has been revoked.
Error code: SEC_ERROR_REVOKED_CERTIFICATE"

Works fine from Edge or Chrome. Supposedly the site is owned by somebody with connections to here - thought they might like to know.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: OlJeep, Firefox and certificates

Post by Stuka »

Yeah, my anti-virus is marking it as unsafe. This means their cert could be out of date, or they attained it from a registrar that has been compromised.

I am not sure who owns the site. I have been considering asking if I can host all their data here, as their site also has rendering issues on a lot of browsers.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

bigun

Post by bigun »

Works for Opera also

Topic author
tgreese

Post by tgreese »

No response to this apparently.

I would humbly suggest to anyone reading this - don't depend on any online reference source that you use, even occasionally, to be there when you need it. These sites come and go, often relying on the interest and welfare of the site owner. If you see some manual or other material that you could possibly need or even occasionally refer to out of curiosity or to help others, download it and store it on whatever local storage you have.

It's also much faster to read and search through these big PDF files when they are on your local disk. Spend time to download now, save time later.

Some online sources that go away can be recovered from the Internet Archive (the wayback). http://web.archive.org/ It can take some work to find websites or files this way, and not everything is archived. Just FYI. Better to download your own copy of whatever, if it's anything you want to keep for a long time.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

Curly

Post by Curly »

Seems to fixed now.
I start what I finish.

81 Wagoneer 4.2/auto
77 Cherokee S 360/Auto/QT
97 Jeep Wrangler

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Stuka wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:01 pm Yeah, my anti-virus is marking it as unsafe. This means their cert could be out of date, or they attained it from a registrar that has been compromised.

I am not sure who owns the site. I have been considering asking if I can host all their data here, as their site also has rendering issues on a lot of browsers.
BJs Offroad owns https://oljeep.com/ as well as https://jubileejeeps.org/ . I passed Jubilee Jeeps over to them about a year ago. Their goal was to keep the two sites available for the FSJ community. Sometimes caca happens like this when certificates expire. I'm glad they still work. :fsj:
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac