Jeepers Creeper

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
Theodore

Jeepers Creeper

Post by Theodore »

Saw this poking around on eBay this evening - thought it was pretty neat - not mine. Would like to have a vintage creeper one day vs. the refrigerator box cardboard I have now :-)

1940s Lisle Jeepers Creeper

Link to listing for addl pix: https://www.ebay.com/itm/225176853567?m ... media=COPY
1990 Grand Wagoneer - "Theodore" - AMC 360, fuel-injected, TF727, NP229 - Sand Metallic - restoring to stock - Build Thread

Harry Dawg

Re: Jeepers Creeper

Post by Harry Dawg »

Very cool.
I wonder if that was the brand name, or if someone painted it on there.

I started using my dad's old wood creeper after my Harbor Freight one broke (neighborhood kids got a hold of it and rode it down the hill at the top of the street)

The padding is nice on the new school models, but these wood ones are STURDY. The casters are surprisingly agile too. Plus, it's made in the USA! Image

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

1968 J3500 - 1985 CJ7 - 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Liter Limited - 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited
Rhino USA Brand Success Manager
South East Offroad Activist

Topic author
Theodore

Re: Jeepers Creeper

Post by Theodore »

Harry Dawg wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:45 pm Very cool.
I wonder if that was the brand name, or if someone painted it on there.

I started using my dad's old wood creeper after my Harbor Freight one broke (neighborhood kids got a hold of it and rode it down the hill at the top of the street)

The padding is nice on the new school models, but these wood ones are STURDY. The casters are surprisingly agile too. Plus, it's made in the USA! Image

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
Hey, HarryDawg, appears Jeepers Creeper was the brand name - poking around on eBay - there are mutlple examples from the 40s to the 50s-60s, with the designs varying from solid oak slats to plywood. Ive got my eye on a couple of the solid oak versions. Def a fan of vintage Made in USA tools.

1990 Grand Wagoneer - "Theodore" - AMC 360, fuel-injected, TF727, NP229 - Sand Metallic - restoring to stock - Build Thread