Cardomain

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
Grand_Wag_85

Cardomain

Post by Grand_Wag_85 »

Anyone know what ever happened to cardomain? Trying to find some old photos of all my junk and it’s gone. I am finding my photos all over the internet though, looks like they may have sold off the copyrights to everything posted there? I’m guessing there’s probably no good way to view your old photos, eh?
82 J10
77 J10 Golden Eagle 401
88 GW

You know it's bad when your car is on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Cardomain

Post by Stuka »

CarDomain was purchased by Motortrend (or rather, its parent company). But I am not sure where everything was moved to.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

DarkKn1ght

Post by DarkKn1ght »

I've noticed that Motor Trend is buying up all of the relevant automotive sites, shows, magazines, etc. It's a shame that they took down everything on CarDomain. I had my 1st car posted on there.
1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Pablo

Post by Pablo »

While a distant second to the photo-bucket debacle, it is very bad for the auto community. Tons of people built a community there and *poof*, the history of it is gone. I am sure if they just offered to let someone host the old content for historical purposes that the way back machine would of been happy to help. But they want the information gone. They want you to sup at the hands of their so-called journalists and get your opinions from them. Backward full on closed-source elitism, like everything since COVID. These media corporations have been goobling up every forum that will sell out as well, which is what happened to Pirate.
  • 64 FSJ Wagoneer, under the knife
  • 67 FSJ Wagoneer, peacefully taking a break
  • 94 XJ, long-armed on 33's. Bolt on ghetto fab fantastic
  • 16 BU, wife's snow commuter
Formerly: 06 KJ CRD (Constantly Repair Diesel)

wyocherokee

Post by wyocherokee »

I believe the new replacement is something like revkit.com. Motortrend media bought cardomain and truckdomain and basically took it down. i miss the old cardomain and forum days, back in the Yahoo message board era's.. Before phpbb Forums even came along, and before Facebook, and before motortrend bought all the magazines.
89 GW all stock. Custom game carrier and 12v pass through wiring from the PO