Sound systems

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
4whalin

Sound systems

Post by 4whalin »

If you want a modern touch screen and Apple car play, I found a Pioneer flip up that works great with my iPhone (usb only)
Model AVH 3500 NEX. Has inputs for blue tooth hands-free phone and back up camera.
I have a lot of cars. But I love my Wagoneer most of all!
D7399E44-907C-4969-B5BF-F26C3E86EB2E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1989 Grand Wagoneer Baltic Blue/Sand
360/300HP/Howell fuel injection
700R4/NP208
Rear disk brake conversion
35gal fuel/600 miles range
Hood ornament - Monstro
Plates: “4 WHALIN”

MarylandDave

Re: Sound systems

Post by MarylandDave »

Thanks for the recommendation. I’m still torn between going with something modern like this or sticking something more retro in. I’ll definitely check this out though, so thanks!

JohnnySwell

Post by JohnnySwell »

Nice! Idk about cutting into the dash thou. I’m in the process of picking out something for my 78 Chief. I think I’m gonna go with one of those RetroSound units.

You rocking a sub? What’s your speaker setup? I’d love to get some input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johnny B

1978 Cherokee Chief

I'd love some input on my build here:
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewto ... 12&t=20266

Hspencer

Post by Hspencer »

This is the one I used. It’s a single DIN so it fit in the original space, the screen is adjustable up and down and tilts (these adjustments are locked in with screws once you get it where you want it so it’s very stable).

https://www.alpine-usa.com/product/ilx4 ... a-receiver

I didn’t get it but they also make a small plug and play amp that will fit in the dash.

I used stock size two way kicker speakers in all four stock spaces. I also installed an 8” kicker hideaway sub. Sounds great, plenty of base until the sub speaker blew. I’ve since read a lot of reviews on the hideaway and this is a common problem so I wouldn’t recommend it. There are many of these compact self contained subs on the market now, and unless you want to rattle every loss nut and bolt on your rig they work great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1988 GW
1984 Wagoneer(SJ)
2008 JK